Author Topic: Who has the red JK with the motion detected alarm on it....???  (Read 1109 times)

Offline mike4089

• Level 2
Last summer i saw a red 4 door JK at bass pro...it had red neoprene seat covers and tube doors i believe??  I noticed it had a motion detectable alarm on it....I want some info on this because i want to try and get one of these on my GF's Jepp, because they keep breaking into it and stealing from us....

Let me know!!

Offline FlameRed08

• Level 3
That would be me. I got it installed at the place in Nixa, but I can't remember the name. (They also have one on Glenstone) Honestly, it is one of the things I thought I needed, but is kind of a pain in the butt most of the time. Of course, the area I work and live in doesn't have really high crime.

The best thing you can do to keep people from breaking into a jeep is to leave the doors off and don't keep anything worth stealing in it. I did buy a flexatrunk from besttop, which is a way to keep honest people honest, but it would also be pretty easy to break if someone really wanted in.
« Last Edit: 02/26/09 - 12:51AM by FlameRed08 »
2008 JK Unlimited X, Flame Red, 4" Superlift, Shrockworks Rails, Elements doors, etc.

Offline mike4089

• Level 2
well we always leave the doors unlocked because we dont want a knifed soft top.  She doesnt usually leave anything of value in there and the glove box and center console are usually locked.  This last time the glove box was not locked and they took every last little thing out of there including and crumbs or pieces of dirt that could have been in there.  It was kind of pathetic, registration, insurance cards, jeep owneres manual.

The thing that i think i would like about this alarm is we park our cars literally right outside of our bedroom window, and if someones tries to take something we would hear it chirp if our windows were open.  Some Ass either moved into out apartment complex or just thinks its funny to steal from us.  Sad part is we live in a nice area and this was never a problem before.

Offline FlameRed08

• Level 3
Well... mine is sensitive enough that it goes off if you even fart close to it. That is the biggest problem - Because the 4-door is so long, a single sensor really doesn't work for the back unless it is turned up very sensitive, but once it is the thing gives a warning alarm to everyone who walks by. My coworkers actually turn it into a game when I use it during the summer.
2008 JK Unlimited X, Flame Red, 4" Superlift, Shrockworks Rails, Elements doors, etc.

Offline freds_94

• Level 3
is it car-fi that installed it, they have a shop now in nixa?
trying to raise a teenager is like nailing jello to a tree

Offline FlameRed08

• Level 3
yeah...