Author Topic: mileage tax  (Read 1004 times)

Offline map93heep

• Level 3
mileage tax
« on: 02/27/09 - 06:51PM »
 :deadhorse: sorry guys I tried to post up a link to this BS about the government wanting us to pay taxes on every mile we drive.
« Last Edit: 02/28/09 - 06:16PM by map93heep »

Offline why jay

• Level 2
Re: mileage tax
« Reply #1 on: 03/ 1/09 - 02:14AM »
Hell I am NEVER for taxes, or government intervention for that matter, but the way I understand it, the tax would replace the property tax or gasoline tax that we already pay.  It would actually save me money because I have two Heeps that never move.  Also, what are they going to do about not having an odometer? 
I am Joe the plumber.

Offline map93heep

• Level 3
« Reply #2 on: 03/ 1/09 - 04:01PM »
I always up for saving money too. From want one article said, they would have to develop a tracking device that would monitor you mileage. Just sounds like more control over what you do to me.

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #3 on: 03/ 1/09 - 08:44PM »
I heard it was a gps tracking system that monitors milage.
I have a similar device in my work car and it is not accurate at all. what about off highway miles how will they know the differance and I really don't like the idea that they can pull up my name and see were I am at
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #4 on: 03/ 1/09 - 09:56PM »
I really don't like the idea that they can pull up my name and see were I am at

This can already be done with your cell phone. It's been this way for several years already. As long as you have a cell phone or any GPS enabled vehicle.. you can't hide.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline why jay

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: 03/ 2/09 - 12:59AM »
Are you kidding me, a tracker on my car!!!!  I dont think that is going to happen!!!
I am Joe the plumber.