Author Topic: hijack mounting  (Read 1708 times)

Offline jtrs61

hijack mounting
« on: 02/ 9/10 - 02:27PM »
hello all! i got a hijack for christmas and am now mounting it. i dont want it on the hood for mulitiple reasons...  and dont want it on the rear bumber for the sole reason that it could dig when i get ina pickle. so im thinking of mounting it on the front bumper, but the fog lights are in tha way! any suggestions?
Thanks!
Jonathan

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
Re: hijack mounting
« Reply #1 on: 02/ 9/10 - 02:43PM »
Ive got mine mounted behind my seats from wheel well to wheel well. But I dont have a back seat either.
First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again....

Offline jtrs61

« Reply #2 on: 02/ 9/10 - 03:03PM »
i have the 48 incher... i do have the back seat and it wont fit inside the storage area...

Offline FlameRed08

• Level 3
« Reply #3 on: 02/ 9/10 - 03:57PM »
I Just used u-bolts at the top and bottom of my spare wheel and bolt it up to my spare. It is high enough not to get dug in, but still easy to get off. I don't really consider it a permanent mount, but then again I don't carry my hilift all of the time anyway. The damn things only work half of the time when they aren't already rusty...
2008 JK Unlimited X, Flame Red, 4" Superlift, Shrockworks Rails, Elements doors, etc.

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #4 on: 02/ 9/10 - 06:49PM »
It's hard enough to use the d**n things when they're clean, lubricated & not rusty so I put mine inside.  I have it behind the back seat with the base off, one end on the floor, one end on the tire well with a piece of foam to keep it from rubbing on the Jeep, and tied down to the factory cleats that are on the floor.  It's been like that for over two years & hasn't moved or caused a problem.
Mo Printer