Author Topic: Operation Pink!  (Read 7372 times)

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Operation Pink!
« Reply #30 on: 11/22/09 - 08:05PM »
1/4", and all the various angle you see in the bed of the truck is for adding structure to it.  Will cut and add it everywhere I can on the top side to give it more structure.

I may be able to get it flat completely since have 2" body lift, if not I'll cut out the plate and build a "dip" in it for the low point of the 241.  This would be simple if only had a 231.

Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
« Reply #31 on: 11/22/09 - 08:12PM »
How much bigger is the 231 over the rubi case? I diggn the angle iron for structure too. On my flat skid I only have one main support in the middle from my crossmember so far its held up alright. Might have to add some bracing to mine in the future. You got a mml?
First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again....

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #32 on: 11/22/09 - 09:06PM »
NO MML, and a 231 is smaller which is why it would be no problem.  The planetaries for the 241 are larger and the chain is a bit wider.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
« Reply #33 on: 11/23/09 - 03:04AM »
NO MML ? Just not going to use one or you dont like them?
First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again....

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #34 on: 11/23/09 - 12:05PM »
Not one on it currently, and I have no intention of putting one on unless when I check my motor mounts they are toast like the trans mount. 

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #35 on: 11/23/09 - 01:00PM »
I did have a 1" JKS MML on there unless you took it off.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #36 on: 11/23/09 - 01:02PM »
Are they spacers under the motor mounts?  I haven't removed them, just saw the yellow paint of stock motor mounts.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #37 on: 11/23/09 - 01:06PM »
No, I either still have the stock mounts or you do in one of the boxes of junk I gave you.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #38 on: 11/23/09 - 01:22PM »
Have to take a closer look then. 

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #39 on: 11/23/09 - 01:45PM »
They are true 1" lift mounts on there, got them from JKS... not the spacer kind. If you want the stock mounts for some reason and I do still have them, they're yours.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #40 on: 11/23/09 - 01:49PM »
I don't.  I have a stock pair of motor mounts sitting here.  I glanced at them and really thought they were stock.  I'm sure it will be beneficial that they aren't.

Offline Moto

• Level 1
« Reply #41 on: 12/ 9/09 - 09:04PM »
Lookin' good! How's the project coming along? :106:

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #42 on: 01/13/10 - 07:22PM »
I hadn't messed with the jeep in about a month or so.
Also have a new Tuffy full sliding rear drawer to put in and then the CJ gate.

Today the jeep got new shoes: 37x13.50-20 Pitbull Rockers

20x10 Rockstar HD's

Offline B-Love

• Level 2
« Reply #43 on: 01/13/10 - 07:33PM »
I kinda just got a chubby...
Don't sweat the petty things...Pet the sweaty things.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #44 on: 01/13/10 - 09:15PM »
I'm curious if I'll like it when I pull it out of the garage (hopefully this weekend), and get the star center caps mounted up.

Overshare Bobby!