Author Topic: Aftermarket exhaust  (Read 899 times)

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
Aftermarket exhaust
« on: 02/24/08 - 01:25AM »
So my 4 bang'n yj has a few exhaust leaks where it has rusted out, and in some tubing connections. Dont beleive theyre are any leaks at the manifold gasket because a few months ago I had the Gasket replaced, and the manifold looked alright. Wasnt wanting to spend tooooo much on an exhaust system , so looking for the most bang for my buck. Does anybody know where to have the work done, because im not shure i want to do it myself. Since i have the exhaust leaks would that have any effect on gas milage or power. Or would i have a better luck just fixing the holes and avoiding the aftermarket setup. Any help would be appreciated or direction to go from here.           
                                      Thanks for the help,
                                                               Alex
« Last Edit: 02/24/08 - 03:11AM by Jeeper guy »
First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again....

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
Re: Aftermarket exhaust
« Reply #1 on: 02/24/08 - 05:11PM »
the guys at a1 custom muffler at kearny and glenstone do good work at a fair price.
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
« Reply #2 on: 02/24/08 - 09:30PM »
Best place for the most reasonable price in town is Sheldon's muffler.  He put a a 2" aluminized on mine, including a new cat & muffler for $240.  That was complete from ex. manifold to tip.  Did a clean job & was fast.
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
« Reply #3 on: 02/24/08 - 11:55PM »
Ill have to check out Sheldons,  do you guys know if all of the A1 muffler shops are the same owners. Tommorow ill try to get some estimates and see how indepth/much money  I want to put into it.

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
« Reply #4 on: 02/29/08 - 01:08AM »
Today i went to A1 on fort and they did an excellent job. I got all of my exhaust leaks fixed and some new piping, I also needed the head pipe or whatever that pipe is called that connects up with the manifold. I also got a 3" Glass pack Torpeado muffler and increased the tubing size too 2.25 inch instead of the 2" stock. It sounds soooo good, deep and throaty,very loud. Love it Cant wait for spring to drive around with the top off and disturb the peace.    >:D