Author Topic: HELP I have foward gear in all gears P R N D 2 & 1  (Read 1331 times)

Offline redneck_punk

• Level 2
Ok ya'll I have foward drive in all my gears from the start up what the heck is wrong with this POS I am about ready to trade both of them for a nice old chevy cause I am tired of all  this  :bsflag:
t's a Jeep NOT a sheep get off my tail!!!!!!!!

Offline HVACMASTER

• Level 3
Re: HELP I have foward gear in all gears P R N D 2 & 1
« Reply #1 on: 02/20/07 - 07:23PM »
I'M NO EXPERT, BUT SOUND LIKE I'D CHECK SHIFTER CABLE, HAS IT CAME LOOSE AT LEVER?

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: 02/20/07 - 08:47PM »
if your shift lever it tight, sounds like a valve body problem.  i saw one 2 weeks ago where the valve body had something misaligned and was stuck in 1st and what ever gear they selected. it was a quick fix, but i dont know what they did.  does it go nowhere in reverse, but forward in everyother gear, and try to move forward in park?

if it does that, then i would have your tranny shop fix the valve body

this happened to a tranny that was a month out of the shop.
for rock crawling info and events   go to   www.rockcrawlinginfo.com

Offline redneck_punk

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 02/20/07 - 11:43PM »
linkage is on and worked fine when I drove it into the drive this morning changed out the CV axles for the u joint style put it back on all fours and started it to back out the drive and went forward while in reverse put it back up in to park and still tried to go foward got under and checked the linkage its still good talked to an old boy (mechanic for 30 yrs) this evening he said one of the clutch packs is locked up woo hooo I get to drop the tranny again..  What a way to spend my B-day!!!!!
t's a Jeep NOT a sheep get off my tail!!!!!!!!

Offline Kcolg

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 02/22/07 - 01:54AM »
Might check out www.Jeepforum.com  I know others with the ZJ have had this same issue before.  Try a search there or post up as a new topic.  Wealth of info four us rare ZJ owners.  You won't feel so alone with 5,000 other grand owners on there with ya.