Author Topic: First Real Trail Damage  (Read 943 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
First Real Trail Damage
« on: 05/28/07 - 12:56PM »
Here are some pics of my first real bit of Trail Damage from the Ranch Rocker run this weekend. I noticed some where on the axle joint a few rides back... probably should have replaced it then.  I got pretty lucky in the fact that I had good friends there to help and some great wheelers whom I didn't know that were ever so helpful.. and just happened to have an axle stub and brand new spicer joint. Talk about getting lucky considering every place to get the stuff was closed or don't carry the stuff... was able to wheel the rest of the weekend.  This was an educational break for me... never pulled and axle and replaced a stub before; feel confident I could do it on my own if ever had to again. BIG Thanks to everyone involved.

Track03 ... you warned me didn't you?   ;) I really think this one was weak from the past 2 years of wheelin... However; I'll be putting some spares in the toolbox just in case.

-
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline Track3

• Charter Members
  • Level 2
Re: First Real Trail Damage
« Reply #1 on: 05/28/07 - 06:03PM »
At least they are fairly easy to fix!  Sorry about being right for once.  Jeff