Author Topic: New to site and need some help with some work on my xj  (Read 1069 times)

Offline x6xdemonx6x

• Level 2
Hey everyone been lurking around for a bit and finally decided to join the forum the other day so i though i would post up my problem.  Basiclly I got a 91 xj that has some rot in the rear bottom cornerns of the quarters (i hear this is actually pretty common) and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping fix it.  Drivers side is basiclly gone and the passenger is catching up.  I got a general idea on how to do it the main problem is having a place to do it and the tools since i live in a apartment.  Been wanting to wheel pretty bad but decided it be best to fix this issue first since its my daily driver and all I dont want to mess up my lights and what not with crude getting thrown up in there.  Anyone willing to help let me know.  I had someone on my forum that was gonna help me but they keep falling through.  I guess worse case scenario i can see about haveing a body shop do it but i would imagine that would cost a bit.
Dude......I don't think thats gonna buff out.<br /><br />That ain't rust...Their custom lightening holes.

Offline x6xdemonx6x

• Level 2
Re: New to site and need some help with some work on my xj
« Reply #1 on: 02/26/08 - 04:12PM »
nobody????
Dude......I don't think thats gonna buff out.<br /><br />That ain't rust...Their custom lightening holes.

Offline JacksFork

• SMORR
  • Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #2 on: 02/26/08 - 11:25PM »
Sorry man...I'm an apartment dweller myself.  :)
SOUTHERN MISSOURI OFF ROAD RANCH
http://www.smorr.net

CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!!
http://smorr.net/facebook

Offline x6xdemonx6x

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 02/26/08 - 11:44PM »
lol yeah that whole apartment thing kinda puts a damper on what you can and can't do.  I could do it my dads house problem is that its in tonganoxie ks (basiclly lawerence ks) so its a bit of a drive and last i talked to him his welder wasn't working right.

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #4 on: 02/27/08 - 01:31PM »
welcome to the site, give it some time and I am sure someone will see your post that will take a lookat it for you
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #5 on: 02/27/08 - 01:55PM »
I have too many other things to do right now.  Give me some time and I will help you.  I have a plasma, welder and bender.  Plus, I have a soft spot for XJ's.  There are a couple of posts about XJ's that have a link to some of the sheetmetal work that I did to the old one that I was building.
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline x6xdemonx6x

• Level 2
« Reply #6 on: 02/27/08 - 02:19PM »
That would be awesome if you could. Yeah I have pretty much picked through all the xj articles i could find everwhere so like I said I have a general idea on what to do just don't have a place or the tools to do it in.  Thats actually how I found this site.