Author Topic: Jeep Inspection in Springfield  (Read 1943 times)

Offline Ultramag

• Level 2
Jeep Inspection in Springfield
« on: 03/28/08 - 10:47AM »
I need to get an oil/lube done today and also have my jeep inspected.  I work on the south side of Springfield.  I typically went to Safari for this but need to find somewhere else now.  Where is the best place to go?

Offline freds_94

• Level 3
Re: Jeep Inspection in Springfield
« Reply #1 on: 03/28/08 - 11:01AM »
i took my jeep to wortheys truck sales for an inspection. but it is on the north west side of spfld, i think safari is operating out of another building right now dont know for sure if they are doing the inspections
trying to raise a teenager is like nailing jello to a tree

Offline Ultramag

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 03/28/08 - 11:06AM »
Thanks!  I just called Safari and they are open, about 1/2 mile furhter down the highway from where they used to be, but they aren't doing inspections.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 03/28/08 - 01:24PM »
Yes they are open.  Last I talked to Shane he has to wait for the inspection people from state to come by and certify his new location which he was trying to get them to do asap. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #4 on: 03/28/08 - 01:30PM »
try the shop on the NW corner of Glenstone and Bennet... they do inspections there and Jason who runs the shop used to be in the Jeep club till he sold his Jeep.   ::)
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline Ultramag

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: 03/28/08 - 02:14PM »
I ended up going to Blue Stream on E. Sunshine and they did the inspection for me and the oil/lube.  How often do I need to change out my differential fluids?  The Jeep only has 24K miles on it right now.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #6 on: 03/28/08 - 02:48PM »
Following "Schedule B" in the Jeep owner manual (heavy driving), I change my differential fluids every 12,000 miles. but should probably been done after crossing deep water... though I have not always done so. There are seals to keep the water from getting in.. so I don't think it is really necessary to do so every single time you do a water crossing... that could get expensive. But if you been in the water quite a bit or everytime you go wheeling.. you might want to change it before 12,000 ...
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline Ultramag

• Level 2
« Reply #7 on: 03/28/08 - 03:11PM »
I've read that it is best to have this done by someone that has a pneumatic pump so all of the old fluid is removed almost entirely before the new is put in.  Blue Stream wanted $50.00 per differential for the service and fluid.  Recommendations where I should take mine to have this done?  Maybe it is time for me to go back to Safari now! 

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #8 on: 03/28/08 - 05:33PM »
any shop can change the fluid for you. The dealership usually runs specials on fluids changes quite often... or since you've been a customer at Safari, it is open and doing business down the road from where they were.

I don't know that there is any kind of special pump needed... at least I never needed one.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #9 on: 03/28/08 - 05:48PM »
It depends on if you are pulling the cover off the diff to drain and resealing with RTV or a new gasket or just pulling the plug and pumping out the old and refilling.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #10 on: 03/28/08 - 05:55PM »
Mine has a drain plug in addition to a fill hole, so no pump is ever needed.

What kind of jeep do you have ultramag?

Offline Ultramag

• Level 2
« Reply #11 on: 03/28/08 - 05:58PM »
2006 Unlimited.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #12 on: 03/28/08 - 06:15PM »
I would imagine that you have a drain plug on the rear but not the front., though I can't really say.. regardless, what ever shop you take it to will know what to do with it. Just take it somewhere you trust...

Offline Fred

• Level 2
« Reply #13 on: 03/29/08 - 06:17AM »
By inspection you mean State inspection? So MO has a state inspection?

Offline Ultramag

• Level 2
« Reply #14 on: 03/29/08 - 09:11AM »
Yes, a state inspection.