Author Topic: Tellico is now CLOSED!  (Read 1013 times)

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Tellico is now CLOSED!
« on: 04/ 1/09 - 12:03AM »
I know most of you haven't been to Tellico.  However this is the closing of one of the premier public wheeling locations on the East Coast.  I don't know how many of your wrote letters, but just remember inaction is the same as giving up and saying take our lands from us.

http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/nepa/tusquitee/tellico.htm

Discussion on Pirate4x4
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=775371
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Big A

• Level 3
Re: Tellico is now CLOSED!
« Reply #1 on: 04/ 1/09 - 03:00AM »
Amazing...

Makes you wonder if they will be targeting the Mark Twain Forest. I don't think there is enough power in the off-road community to stop the enviros from slam dunking us.

˙ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #2 on: 04/ 1/09 - 11:29AM »
There is if people get off their butts and speak up.  935 letters is all that was sent in on the Tellico issue.  1 guy on pirate sent in over 100 of those. 

Yes it may offend some, but if you don't do something then in my opinion you don't have the right to gripe when the land is gone.  Look at how many people will be at EJS in coming weeks alone!  935 would represent about 7% of that number.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline JEEPOLANTERN

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 04/ 1/09 - 01:30PM »
We knew it was coming as soon as the temporary closure crap came up, unfortunately they pulled this off before I had a chance to go.  We need to let everybody know what they can do to help.  Since hearing about it from Aaron I have sent in a few letters, but this may be something we can get the club ramped up for to help out.
Crowded elevator smell different to midget....