Author Topic: soft top repair  (Read 3385 times)

Offline goldswim5

• Level 2
soft top repair
« on: 04/ 7/09 - 03:03AM »
Does anyone in Springfield do this? I've got two messed up zippers on my top preventing me from using the windows and it's freaking cold lol.

Offline slurveysTJ

• Level 2
Re: soft top repair
« Reply #1 on: 04/ 7/09 - 10:27AM »
I'm not sure about zippers but I had two rips fixed at Aurora Canvas in Battlefield.

1999 Jeep XJ, stock with HP30 and C8.25. I'm sure more will come as the money comes.

Offline 4wheelin

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 04/ 9/09 - 12:58PM »
YOU MIGHT TRY QUEEN CITY AUTO TRIM. SOMETIMES THEY CAN SEW IN NEW ZIPPERS

Queen City Auto Trim Inc
318 S Dysart St
Springfield,MO 65802
Local: 417-862-8969

Offline Big A

• Level 3
« Reply #3 on: 04/10/09 - 12:32AM »
Call Terri. She is my roomate and fixed mine.

849-9755
˙ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Offline goldswim5

• Level 2
« Reply #4 on: 10/12/09 - 06:25PM »
I hate to bring up this old dead topic, but figured it would help if anyone ever searched on here.

Aurora canvas fixed my top up for me, and they did a great job. If someone else ever needs their top repaired I'll definitely recommend them.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #5 on: 10/12/09 - 06:26PM »
How was the cost?
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline goldswim5

• Level 2
« Reply #6 on: 10/12/09 - 06:31PM »
$120, which was a little more than I wanted to pay. But considering what they had to do to get it done right (took the whole rear window area apart and put it back together perfectly) it wasn't to bad. Plus the zippers actually work now.

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
« Reply #7 on: 10/12/09 - 06:53PM »
I need a zipper and some rips fixed, might give them a shot... can you just leave your whole jeep with them?
First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again....

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #8 on: 10/12/09 - 06:55PM »
I need a zipper and some rips fixed, might give them a shot... can you just leave your whole jeep with them?

In your case probably not, why would they want that think leaking on their lot? LOL   >:D
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
« Reply #9 on: 10/12/09 - 07:01PM »
I'm surprised the EPA hasn't contacted me about getting it fixed :P  It doesn't leak too bad though... not as bad as the last engine, I swear all jeeps leak from somewhere.
First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again....

Offline goldswim5

• Level 2
« Reply #10 on: 10/12/09 - 07:06PM »
Yeah yours got better, at least you aren't banned from my driveway anymore! I'm sure you could just leave it with them, they have a big lot with a couple boats parked in it, and a huge shop. I just took mine over in the Cherokee though. No reason to have your jeep sitting there unused while they do it.

Offline Dave

« Reply #11 on: 11/14/09 - 02:13PM »
If it's just a zipper PULL......

I'm a little late to the game, but I broke a zipper pull on my rear window and got a replacement, self repair kit for less than 10 bucks from http://www.zip-fix.com/ (you can try http://zipfix.net too). The window with the old one was on and "froze" by the time I got around to fixing it. So I had to work a little to get the old one off (try paraffin and a little elbow grease) and it still took about 15 minutes.

Lesson learned: while the whole thing is apart, it's a good time to clean and lube those zippers.

(And I ordered a second kit so I don't have an emergency next time.

Dave