Author Topic: What is your take?  (Read 1877 times)

Offline gdowling

• Level 2
What is your take?
« on: 11/ 3/09 - 06:16PM »
What are your thoughts as to the pros/cons of wheeling a waggy or a chief?
EMAW

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: What is your take?
« Reply #1 on: 11/ 3/09 - 06:28PM »
Random ? much? 

If you don't mind crappy visibility and sound of crunching sheetmetal they are great!  Decent axles, and V8 out of the box.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline gdowling

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 11/ 3/09 - 07:48PM »
12 views and 1 take - come on what are your thoughts????
EMAW

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
« Reply #3 on: 11/ 3/09 - 08:37PM »
Are you gunna buy a waggy or a chief? Not as much aftermarket support as a tj or yj, but that doesn't mean it cant be built. What are you wanting to do with it? Tires sizes? Tell us your thoughts. :P

Alex
First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again....

Offline Go4Lo

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 11/ 3/09 - 08:40PM »
12 views and 1 take - come on what are your thoughts????

Impatient much?  Apparently you didn't learn much from this, assuming you're the same guy.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=813599

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #5 on: 11/ 3/09 - 09:09PM »
Hell wheel the Chief they didn't make many of them. Beside they have bigger fender flares so you can fit big tires on.
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.

Offline gdowling

• Level 2
« Reply #6 on: 11/ 4/09 - 12:05PM »
Impatient much?  Apparently you didn't learn much from this, assuming you're the same guy.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=813599

-First of all this is not pirate.
-Second I wasn't posting an asshole comment demanding responses.
-Third it was me an I made a valid point - it wasnt about getting immediate response it was about getting responses period!
-Fourth and finally - :director: WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS "Go4Lo" :258_f_u:

Are you gunna buy a waggy or a chief? Not as much aftermarket support as a tj or yj, but that doesn't mean it cant be built. What are you wanting to do with it? Tires sizes? Tell us your thoughts. :P

Alex

There is a chief on craigslist I like, and to be honest with you yes it crossed my mind to sell mine and buy it - it has d44's, built 360, 39.5's, windows/heater (much more child friendly), roll cage. The reason I proposed the question is because you dont see many folks wheeling these and I was just wandering why!
« Last Edit: 11/ 4/09 - 12:10PM by gdowling »
EMAW

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #7 on: 11/ 4/09 - 12:24PM »
First off, you need to remove the second movie quote from your sig before we ban you.  You talk about kid friendly and then you have that in you sig line.

Secondly, full size Jeeps are cool but big.  Longer wheelbase helps in hill climbs but also harder to get through narrow trails with sharp turns.  Lots of metal as said before.  Windows are great until you smash one against a tree.  If you want something you can wheel but have some more enclosure get a ZJ or XJ to build and wheel.  There is lots more aftermarket support and salvage yards full of body parts for those.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #8 on: 11/ 4/09 - 12:45PM »

:popcorn:
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #9 on: 11/ 4/09 - 01:09PM »
I was pimping the idea of a full bodied rig way before you bought the CJ.  Of course, I've got a thing for Cherokees. :P
Sure you can't take the top off, but they seem to be cheaper.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #10 on: 11/ 4/09 - 01:49PM »
Austin,

You of all people know a convertible cherokee is only a sawzall blade or 6 away!  Especially on an old FSJ rig since they have a real frame.

Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #11 on: 11/ 4/09 - 02:37PM »
True, however I do not own a sawzall so I would have to use cut off wheels.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #12 on: 11/ 4/09 - 02:47PM »
I have a new Milwaukee being shipped to me, if you want to chop the top I'll let you borrow it! LOL

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #13 on: 11/ 4/09 - 03:30PM »
If I could do it over, I would have bought more of a beater, and then it would be on like Donkey Kong.