Author Topic: Help with a DJ - for a soldier in Afghanistan  (Read 2811 times)

Offline willisbill43

• Level 1
Re: Help with a DJ - for a soldier in Afghanistan
« Reply #15 on: 03/23/10 - 08:22PM »
that is the wrong fuel tank, is there one for a dj5?

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #16 on: 03/23/10 - 10:03PM »
Thanks Ross.  I think it's awesome that she's doing this.  If I was still down there I'd go help just like with the soldiers 1/2 ton chevy we rebuilt.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #17 on: 03/24/10 - 02:05AM »
I don't know what the policy is for links to FSM, but in my opinion they should give those to you when you buy a vehicle.
http://oljeep.com/edge_parts_man.html

Give that a shot, they don't have '73, but they do have '74.  I gotta think something in there will be helpful.

Offline willisbill43

• Level 1
« Reply #18 on: 03/24/10 - 05:23PM »
the only pictures in this was the carbureator, which doesn't help since the engine is a 302 mustang...that's one of the problems I am having, can't find fuel pump hook ups since its the mustang, yet the fuel tank hook ups would be the jeep and the person who is doing the manual part of this has no clue, so I am trying to find pictures of anything I can including how the back brakes go back together...thanks for all of your help, so far I am just hitting my head against a wall, it is now all torn apart on my back porch and he is going to be home in a month...

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #19 on: 03/24/10 - 10:01PM »
There is a brake and fuel diagram for CJ's on the first page. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline willisbill43

• Level 1
« Reply #20 on: 03/27/10 - 06:09PM »
Well I finally have it running, there was a new fuel line run, but it is hanging too far down and wasn't tied up correctly...I am trying to find someone new because this guy didn't even know what the brake master cylinder was...the back brakes still have to be put together, and then it will be ready to be painted, find seats and get new tires..