Author Topic: Make a 2 barrel carb a 4 barrel??  (Read 933 times)

Offline ford381stroker

• Level 3
Make a 2 barrel carb a 4 barrel??
« on: 09/19/06 - 11:55PM »
I know people used to do it years ago but can it be done??

I have an Edelbrock 600 on my 350 motor.  Last time I took one on the trails anything over 30 degrees it would flood out and die.  If a guy had a way to block off two of the barrels I would think that would cure it.  

HELP.......I want to be ready for the 4x4fest but won't be if I can't get past this .

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Make a 2 barrel carb a 4 barrel??
« Reply #1 on: 09/19/06 - 11:59PM »
Lower the level of fuel in your fuel bowls.   That's one way to help with flooding on inclines.  That's all I know to do with a stock carb unless you turn it around then you can go uphill but downhill will flood (pick your poison)

Your best bet is to buy a Holley Truck Avenger they kick A$$ for inclines and descending.  

They are on ebay for under $350.  A lot of $$ but well worth it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/holley-truck-avenger-670-cfm-new-carburater_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33550QQihZ009QQitemZ190032513632QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Aaron
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline streetcrawler

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 09/23/06 - 12:00AM »
I know it sounds stupid but sell the edelbrock to someone for a little cash.  and you can pick up a quadrajet just about anywhere for next to nothing absolutely the best carb if your not going with a truck avenger.

Offline bradrenea

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 09/23/06 - 09:37AM »
You can get an offroad needle and seat kit for the edelbrock which will help. I think they are about $30.
8 XJ with stuff (Brad's)
96 XJ with stuff (Renea's)

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: 09/23/06 - 10:36AM »
I actually have an old carter kit laying around here, someplace, i'll give you a call when i find it.

Found it.  It was laying on my desk.  It's a track kit.  Has a bunch of metering rods & seats, some other stuff.  If you want it, post, or give me a call.
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"