Author Topic: 100 Acre Wood Pro Rally dates are set!!  (Read 3789 times)

Offline MomK

• Level 1
100 Acre Wood Pro Rally dates are set!!
« on: 10/ 1/06 - 02:30PM »
The Trespassers Wil and 100 Acre Wood Pro Rally dates are set!!
February 22nd, 23rd and 24th 2007.I know that this is 5 months away ,but  Once again I need 30-50 friendly 4X4 drivers to help with Med/sweep heavy/sweep and marshal/sweep positions. More information will be available as we get closer to the date. I am in the process of setting up a training session for early January. If there is anything you would like cover please let me know. Thanks for all the help in previous years and I look forward to working with all of you.
Mary Kendall
Sweep Coordinator TW/100AW 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007
omKs 05 Grand Cherokee ,yes the one with the HEMI and all the bells and whistles

Offline MomK

• Level 1
Re: 100 Acre Wood Pro Rally dates are set!!
« Reply #1 on: 12/ 7/06 - 02:19PM »
Friendly reminder, I am still looking for helpers for this event. If you are interested or know someone who is ,please e-mail me or post here. Thanks again.
Mary Kendall
Sweep Coordinator TW/100AW 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007
omKs 05 Grand Cherokee ,yes the one with the HEMI and all the bells and whistles

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: 12/ 7/06 - 04:05PM »
im interested, shoot me a pm with all the info

thanks
for rock crawling info and events   go to   www.rockcrawlinginfo.com

Offline Kingturbo

« Reply #3 on: 12/ 7/06 - 09:00PM »
I am interested. I went three or four years ago with the SCCA club.  Please let me know.

Offline MomK

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 01/ 4/07 - 03:14AM »
Sorry it took me so long to get back to both of you. I was out of town till 3 days ago. The rally is the 23rd and 24th of Feb. There is a lot of information on www.midwestjeepthing.com and www.100aw.org is the main rally website. I will be listing registration places and time in a few weeks. A group from midwestjeepthing is staying at the cabins at Montawk<sp?>.The hotels around the Salem area tend to fill up fairly fast and may already be filled. There is more hotel information and links on the rally website. The sweep helpers will be staged at various spots along the active stages (called sweep marshal positions) where they can be the most help after the stage is finished. They will be pulling the broken down race cars to the nearest blacktop. Strapes and front and rear tow points are required on your vehicles for these positions. There are also marshal positions( these are spots along the active stages where a cross road or path intersects the stage) The marshals are there to firmly remind anyone who approches that they will have to stay behind the yellow tape till the vehicle with the GREEN light passes that location (This is the last vehicle on the active atage)The stages are run on closed gravel county roads. The race cars travel one at a time a minuite apart and are allowed to pass is they can safely do so. They have to follow regular posted speed limits between stages along a predesignated route. They will have a driver and a co-driver in each race car. They wear helmets and roll cages are required. They also have to have tow points normally painted orange.  

There will be a shakedown stage for the racers on Thursday afternoon the 22nd of feb. I could use a few more sweeps to help with that in addition to Friday and/or saturday. Also anyone helping with the rally as a sweep is invited to the post rally off roading party at Flatnasty on sunday the 25th of feb.
Please send me an e-mail with contact and vehicle information
Name,Phone(Home and /or cell) DOB
Vehicle type,year and type of recovery equipment(ie;towhooks,winch,straps-NO Metal hooks) also what experience towing you have(pulling buddies out of the woods and off a trail are enough).
Thanks again for your interest
Mary Kendall
AKA MomK
mckendall@cablemo.net
Sweep Coordinator TW/100AW
2004/2005/2006 and 2007

Offline Care Bear

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: 01/ 4/07 - 11:11AM »
I don't know if I am qualified but, I'd like to help.
ari
When you get squeezed, the stuff that comes out, is what is on the inside.

Offline MomK

• Level 1
« Reply #6 on: 01/ 4/07 - 12:10PM »
Thank you
Everyone is qualified to help. E-mail me the above information and the days you are available to work the rally. I appricaite all  help. With out the volunteers this rally could not happen.

Offline MomK

• Level 1
« Reply #7 on: 01/ 9/07 - 04:06PM »
We are less than 6 weeks form the event and as usual I am scrambling to fill marshal sweep positions.  The Rally is Feb 23rd and 24th with a post rally party for all the sweep workers at Flat Nasty on Sunday the 25th. If you can help out with this please e-mail me with the days you are available, the type of vehicle you will have down there and a contact number.

Thanks again for all the help in past years.

Mary Kendall

Offline MomK

• Level 1
« Reply #8 on: 01/18/07 - 04:14AM »
The web site is www.100AW.org
There is a section for volunteers,just let Curt know that you are volunteering for sweep positions. Thanks again.

Offline MomK

• Level 1
« Reply #9 on: 01/19/07 - 01:14AM »
The news everyone has been waiting for.
Registrations times and places;
Wednesday 2-21 7-8:30PM Holiday Inn Express
Thursday  2-22 6-7:30AM Holiday Inn Express
Thursday  2-22 noon-8:45PM Salem Fire house(old Dent co.motors)
Friday    2-23 9-Noon Holiday Inn
Saturday  2-24 7:15-8AM Holiday Inn Express

Shake down stage has been moved to Friday morning from 8-11:30AM

I hope to have the last of GPS coordinates gathered tomorrow and will e-mail out to the list. Please send me you current contact info and the days you are available to work.

Offline MomK

• Level 1
« Reply #10 on: 01/27/07 - 03:57AM »
Any one of the sweeps signed up to work the rally can see the rally stages before the race on Thursday. Looking for mid and tailgunners for the Reece. Please e-mail or call me ASAP to get signed up for this. It would be from 7:30AM to 5:30 PM and you would need to get registered at 6AM at the holiday inn in Salem.

Offline MomK

• Level 1
« Reply #11 on: 02/ 8/07 - 11:27PM »
We are 2 weeks from rally and I need confirmation on days working from the following. If you e-mailed me already I apologies in advance if not please let me know one way or another. I am trying to assign workers and I can't assign you if you are not confirmed.

Cari   Albert   Care Bear
Dave   Baker   db
Jason   Bextermueller   tbear
Alex   Camacho
Derek   Gresham   Kingturbo
Dennis   Hausler   uawden
Jeffrey   Lewis   ihscoutlover
Mark   Reese   _markR
Jack   Tucker   _scrambled
Matt   Scheer