Author Topic: 1st Annual Hell Froze Over Trail Run  (Read 4240 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
1st Annual Hell Froze Over Trail Run
« on: 12/14/06 - 03:57AM »
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline j2sax

• Club Members
  • Level 3
Re: 1st Annual Hell Froze Over Trail Run
« Reply #1 on: 12/14/06 - 11:32AM »
Bummer that's the same weekend as the 100 Acre Rally further East.  

Well, can't be two places at once!  Hope it goes well.. sounds like fun!  

Jesse
Jesse, Near Sparta, MO FSJ/AMC Freak<br />Wag w/ 6" lift 360/727/229 (208 soon) <br />2 J10s, 2 J20s, 4 Door J20 Project, Lots of Wags<br />73 Commando on Wag Frame, 79 AMX, Several Eagles

Offline YellowTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 12/14/06 - 12:44PM »
Well if SMORR hasn't frozen over we just might be in.  We need better sleeping bags if it's below 45.  One would think it'd be colder than that in Feb however it's 65 in Dec so who knows.
color=yellow]
_l----l_
OlllllllO
[]--o-[]      "YellowTJ"

Offline Care Bear

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 12/14/06 - 05:04PM »
What's the 100 Acre rally and where is further east? :confused:
ari
When you get squeezed, the stuff that comes out, is what is on the inside.

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
« Reply #4 on: 12/14/06 - 07:58PM »
This is going to be a BLAST!  I will dwfanatly be there, might even give the woods race trail another try.

might not though........
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline j2sax

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #5 on: 12/14/06 - 08:43PM »
NO time now, but look it up on the Net... the only SCCA off-road rally in this neck of the woods, So of Rolla area.  

Jesse
Jesse, Near Sparta, MO FSJ/AMC Freak<br />Wag w/ 6" lift 360/727/229 (208 soon) <br />2 J10s, 2 J20s, 4 Door J20 Project, Lots of Wags<br />73 Commando on Wag Frame, 79 AMX, Several Eagles

Offline ford381stroker

• Level 3
« Reply #6 on: 12/14/06 - 08:57PM »
will definately be there.

Offline JacksFork

• SMORR
  • Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #7 on: 12/22/06 - 03:02PM »
Hey all......i have a poll for shirt sizes on the HFO thread....please post your size and the size of your passangers.

Thanks and Merry Christmas

Brandon
www.smorr.net
SOUTHERN MISSOURI OFF ROAD RANCH
http://www.smorr.net

CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!!
http://smorr.net/facebook

Offline rubicon54

« Reply #8 on: 02/10/07 - 08:41PM »
Yeah I am finnally going to make another run. shamoo are you up for this one?

Offline shamoo

• Level 4
« Reply #9 on: 02/10/07 - 08:59PM »
No, i'm not gonna be able to make this one. We chose to go to the Frostbite Run @ Kansas Rock Park that same weekend. It is a geocaching/trail ride event and that caught my eye since i am into geocaching. Since i have never been to Kansas Rock park before this was an opportunity to wheel somewhere that i haven't wheeled before.
Sorry, but maybe the next event that the park has i will be able to go to it.  I will tell Whitehead to look for you and he will take care of you at this event, he is a great 4wheeler and knows the park very well. You will be in good hands with him. I wish i was going to this event but geocaching won me over. Maybe we can get SMORR to do a geocache/trail ride event there this summer. HINT HINT

i will see how this event goes and how they do it and let Brandon know and maybe we can organize something like this for a park event. ???????????????????  If that is OK by Brandon and Whitehead????
I have to work Sunday the 25th or i would come then to the event DARN DARN DARN.

shamoo

Hope to see you at the next SMORR event Rubicon54
ANCH ROCKER
http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png
"BE LIKE A DUCK
CALM ON THE SURFACE
BUT PADDLING LIKE THE DICKENS UNDERNEATH"

Offline trailertrash

• Level 1
« Reply #10 on: 02/10/07 - 09:57PM »
shamoo what is geocaching

Offline Kcolg

• Level 1
« Reply #11 on: 02/10/07 - 10:35PM »
They give waypoints that you have to go out and find with a GPS.  They are usually hidden off of the main trail a few yards so you have to actually get out of the Jeep and walk just a little.  At each waypoint there maybe a prize ticket or the actual prize or any other way someone decides to play the game.  It can also be played as a timed event (did this in Disney) or to see who can find the most.

If memory serves the way they do it at KRRP is at each waypoint there is a bucket with tickets in it that you use to try to win prizes.  They also have a snowflake hunt for those without GPS.  You just drive through the trails and try to locate as many snowflakes as you can, like an easter egg hunt.  At the end, prizes are handed out for that as well.

Offline shamoo

• Level 4
« Reply #12 on: 02/10/07 - 10:58PM »
Well said, thanks Kcolg.    

geocaching.com is a good web site to go check it out.  It is allot of fun, i am up to 94 caches i have found so far. Went to AZ this past Dec and found 36 while there so that put me way up there. Can't wait to break 100.

shamoo
ANCH ROCKER
http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png
"BE LIKE A DUCK
CALM ON THE SURFACE
BUT PADDLING LIKE THE DICKENS UNDERNEATH"

Blueyellow

« Reply #13 on: 02/18/07 - 09:09PM »
Trail Ride at Southern missouri off road Ranch. It is titled "HELL FROZE OVER" It will be a great trail ride and We will have all levels of trails. stock rigs to Extreme Rock crawling Buggies. please come and have a good time.... It's a two day event. You pay 30 bucks and ten dollars a passenger for Both days. and you get a T shirt for Everybody in your rig. I guarentee ya It will Be a great time and Saturday Night there will Be a Bonfire and I am sure some Antics Byt the ranch rockers that you will Not forget!....... So Show Up and wheel with us You won't Forget it.... I guarentee It

Al
I know it's a Bit repetiditive but this is what is posted on my blog in myspace I know it's a Bit repetiditive but this is what is posted on my blog in myspace

Offline j2sax

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #14 on: 02/18/07 - 11:49PM »
We can do jsut one day though, right?  We will probaly be driving out on Sat and back the same evening.  How early things taking off Sat morning?  

Jesse