Author Topic: Ozark Offroad Fab builds a ROGUE chassis  (Read 4376 times)

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!
Ozark Offroad Fab builds a ROGUE chassis
« on: 05/16/08 - 02:07PM »
I am proud to announce we are building a 2 seat Rogue chassis.  After speaking with Ken at K.O.R.E. Offroad, we cam upon an agreement and I bought one and will have #2 on the way soon.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

I like Ken. He is a down to earth wheeler and builder.  Ken is very maticulous about his work. The chassis has smooth lines, excellent mounting spots and was well designed. If I were to build my own, I would strive to have it like this one. Ken made me a deal that I couldnt refuse. I told Ken that this rig would be shod with rockwell axles and told him of my driving style. Gussets were welded in and beefed up. I am very impressed with the work.
  Then Ken gave me a surprise. He threw in all the mounting brackets I needed to put these under the chassis. First impression on the mounts. simple and well designed. The upper link mounts are BEEF! I dont think that I can tear these up. Pics will come as progress goes. For now the first pic is of the chassis on its ride to my place.

I will post pics of the mounts seperate, together and then welded to the chassis and axles. I am very excited to build this rig! I am proud to have Ken supply my shop with the parts he carries and makes. I also take pleasure in knowing that he puts everything into making quality parts and helping the wheeling community.

for rock crawling info and events   go to   www.rockcrawlinginfo.com

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
Re: Ozark Offroad Fab builds a ROGUE chassis
« Reply #1 on: 05/16/08 - 02:16PM »

Offline Fierogld

• Level 3
  • climbin trees
« Reply #2 on: 05/16/08 - 02:39PM »
man now your making me want one...i like how the winch plate is built in...
I like jeeps!!!

Offline saramelles

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 05/19/08 - 12:21AM »
That looks awesome! I like!!
Is it ever gonna be my turn to play in a jeep?

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: 05/21/08 - 01:07PM »
I have been putting a few hours into the chassis!! The rear is linked up, I am just having a small issue figuring out how I want to do the bumpstops. Right now the numbers for the rear end are excellent, the main one needed is the AS which is adjustable from 85% to 110% at the upper rear link.  The rear setup is very stable and so far has GOBBS of travel and no bind. I am pleased with everything so far. I have made a crossmember for the motor. The motor will tie in to the crossmember with no bushings, and the crossmember will mount to the chassis using bushings. I have pictures, but forgot my USB cable so I was unable to load them yet.

I have had probably 20 people stop by to look at it and everyone of them leave in aw.  The pass. compartment has tons of room. When I set my seats in there and actually sit in the chassis, they are amazed at the leg room and such. I have plans for 2 master cylinders and 2 pedals so there isnt a need for cutting brakes. They will be built into the system. I set the motor high in the chassis and there is about 3 inches clearance from the top of the tuned port to the hood. To my that is perfect for this rig. I ordered the .5 inch walled tubing for the lower links. The lower links wound up being 46 inches long and the uppers being 38 inches long. the front and rear links are going to be exactly the same length.

Ken threw in a ton of brackets that I might need and is sending a few more for me to try.  To this date I have yet to see a supplier go to those measures to make sure that the product was outstanding. Ken emails me and asks me how everything is going and if there is anything else I need or would change.

I will post some pictures in the next day or so

Offline TJ Ken

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: 05/21/08 - 01:23PM »
  Get it son!

Let me know if you need anything...

-Kenneth
King's Off Road Enterprise LLC.<br />Off Road Accessories & Custom Components<br /><br />Toll Free - 866-699-8018<br />Local - 918-248-1034<br />www.kore4x4customs.com

Offline wheelchairman

• Level 2
« Reply #6 on: 05/25/08 - 06:41PM »
definitly looks sick! I need to get up there sometime this week and check it out.

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
« Reply #7 on: 05/30/08 - 10:23AM »
I promised pics and here they are

these few pics are of the rockwell upper link brackets. The only thing I had to do to them to make them perfect was enlarge the mount so it slid onto the rockwell a little easier.

They are beefy and easy to install.

After setting them on the axle and measuring them to get them where I wanted them, I did some welding, ALOT of welding.  The weld surface area of these brackets is enormous. I like hte KORE gusset also. These things slide together and interlink. I dont feel I will be bending these. They have 3 different settings for the link so that you can change your rear geometry quickly.

next I set the hood and grill on the chassis to see what it would look like. It is hard to build one of these and not want to throw sheet metal on it. I like the 3 deg down slope incorporated into the chassis. It helps to give you more view of what is going on. I will be doing and metal floor, with a clear polycarbonate firewall. I will be doing clear poly for the sides, and using a perforated vinyl wrap so that way I can see what is on my side easily, but still look like it is fully covered.

The rear end is in. The only thing left is some more welding, put it all back together and make bumpstops, flex it out so that I can take measurements and get the coil over mounts into place. I flexed the rear out a bit and instantly fell in love. It has great flex and NO bind. This build would be easier with simple 60 front and 60 or 14 bolt rear but everyone is doing that.  With the rockwells being top loaders, it makes things interesting space wise.

Lake Steel now stocks a ton of tubing. I went in and picked up my 1.5" ID 3/8" walled DOM for my lower links, and some more 1.5" ID 1/4" walled DOM for my uppers. I shouldnt have a problem with them bending easily.

I started installing the motor. This motor isnt the actual one going into the rig, but it runs like a raped ape and is the same dimensions and as the one going to be used. Ken supplied me with a ton of brackets as stated before. The one thing I like about the brackets is, the upper link brackets and the motor/trans mounts are the same. These brackets fit snugly around the tubing and are very versatile.

lastly a shot of the clearance from the top of the tuned port injection to the hood. The hood will actually come down a little more, but there is about 3 inches clearance. I set the motor high in the chassis. I am not worried about the COG due to the chassis is very light (300-400 lbs.) and I have 2 steering rocks and everything under 40 inches high.

oh and I just found a pic of some neat stuff that Ken put on the rig. I love this !

Offline TJ Ken

• Level 2
« Reply #8 on: 05/30/08 - 11:58AM »
  Looking good Geoff!

Keep the pics coming.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Kenneth
King's Off Road Enterprise LLC.<br />Off Road Accessories & Custom Components<br /><br />Toll Free - 866-699-8018<br />Local - 918-248-1034<br />www.kore4x4customs.com

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
« Reply #9 on: 06/ 6/08 - 12:56AM »
Ken,

Those motor mount plates you sent are very nice. I got the new lower links amde up. Can you say BEEF? I cannot believe how much steel prices have gone up. Anyways, work has been a bit slow, but my tranny is done and I am going to finish the mounts and then work on the floor board and the polycarbonate firewall and skins.

Offline TJ Ken

• Level 2
« Reply #10 on: 06/16/08 - 05:46PM »
 Updates??  8)

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
« Reply #11 on: 06/24/08 - 04:30PM »
sorry, have been working on other rigs. DID however pick up the th475. it will go in and I will make the tranny mounts for it. I have the front end ready to receive the brackets. once I get the tranny in, I will start on the interior and try to get it done. I have to mount the radiator this week and try to get the shock mounts on and get it to powder coat.

Offline TJ Ken

• Level 2
« Reply #12 on: 07/15/08 - 11:27PM »
  Is it rolling?

I can't wait to hear this motor!

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
« Reply #13 on: 07/20/08 - 02:51PM »
I have the motor nd trans mounted, I am getting ready to weld centers into my new 12 bolt hummer wheels. My 44 inch pitbull rockers came in. The front end is close to being done.

I have been on a hold status with everything as I am building a new building and have been running around. I will have pic up soon. The chassis is almost ready for podercoating and the lexan body panels are waiting to be fitted. I still have to finish up the firewall mounts and the floorboard.

Offline ford381stroker

• Level 3
« Reply #14 on: 09/28/08 - 07:59PM »
Very curious to see how this is coming?  Would love to see pics.  Rockwells under that tube chassis are going to look nice!

:)