Author Topic: 1 ton Ford Axles  (Read 1517 times)

Offline DBox

• Level 1
1 ton Ford Axles
« on: 04/ 6/07 - 12:17AM »
I may be going to look at a mid 90s 1 ton Ford truck next week. The tranny has gone bad in it but everything else is supposed to be o.k.  It has duals on the rear. Is there anything special that I need to look for? Are these decent axles?
avid Box "Real Jeeps are built, not bought."  And I'm still building this one!

Offline huck1974

• Level 1
Re: 1 ton Ford Axles
« Reply #1 on: 04/ 6/07 - 09:56PM »
yes, but for what?
994 Land Rover Defender 90 arles blue

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #2 on: 04/ 7/07 - 09:14PM »
Yes they are decent axles.  93+ will be ball joint 60 instead of the kingpin design.  Not very desirable to most people if your looking to sell since they are DRW.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #3 on: 04/ 9/07 - 09:38AM »
with duals on the rear you will need to replace the hubs on the front. to single wheels hubs. as they are about 6" wider.
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.

Offline DBox

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 06/15/07 - 11:50PM »
I bought this truck. It's a 94 F350 with a factory flat bed and good tires. It has a 7.5 with automatic tranny. The guy said the tranny was out but the engine was replaced with a factory engine about a year before they parked it a couple of years ago. I took a battery over and started it up and drove it around a little. I asked about the tranny again and he said he thought it was leaking out of the front. Well, after a little "will you take...." I drove it home.  That was about a moth ago. Changed the oil, tuned it up, put a pair of mirrors on it, a hula girl on the dash and a "Sniper Tag" on the front bumper and been driving it regular. No problems with the tranny yet. Transfer and front end seem fine. Final purchase price $1350. I'm happy. Hell of a tow rig.
avid Box "Real Jeeps are built, not bought."  And I'm still building this one!