Author Topic: Driveshaft rebuilding  (Read 1288 times)

Offline JParuBob

• Level 2
Driveshaft rebuilding
« on: 06/18/07 - 11:25AM »
Who in the branson/spfld area does this? Looking at my driveshaft, the pinion on the axle end looks like it might be okay, but it broke the driveshaft end that holds the caps/u-joint.
amie Bacon

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
Re: Driveshaft rebuilding
« Reply #1 on: 06/18/07 - 12:29PM »
Best place in town (in my humble opinion) is the driveline shop.  Fast, reasonable (NOT cheap) & a very good job.
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline JParuBob

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 06/18/07 - 04:12PM »
Quote from: "TanYJ"
Best place in town (in my humble opinion) is the driveline shop.  Fast, reasonable (NOT cheap) & a very good job.

Should really only need the Slip-yoke half rebuilt (and possibly balanced with the rest.

I think the pinion yoke is fine (hell, the caps are apparently still in it).
amie Bacon

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
« Reply #3 on: 06/19/07 - 10:07AM »
Inland Truck parts does all of ours.  From heaths daily driver to s&s 454 blown mud dragster to my rig.  never had any problem except burning up ujionts and thats my fault not theirs.
2009 Sponsors:
S&S Auto, Staun, Corbeau, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4, Brown Dog Industries

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!

Offline JParuBob

• Level 2
« Reply #4 on: 06/19/07 - 11:18AM »
I'll give'em both a call, see how prices compare. Like I said, just the axle end is what really needs it. I'd like to know what happened though. Course, driving 1400 miles prolly had a bit to to with it.
amie Bacon