Author Topic: Chadwick 1/20 Sat afternoon- Stockers  (Read 1788 times)

Offline j2sax

• Club Members
  • Level 3
Chadwick 1/20 Sat afternoon- Stockers
« on: 01/17/07 - 12:27AM »
OK, maybe SMORR is shut down this weekend, but why not come have some fun in the wilds of Chadwick!   So, it's not so challenging for you Mega Machines... it's still a blast!  

Toyota Guy and Heath_ster look to be the leaders, I think!  Always good for an entertaining time.   If you have never been it's do-able for stockers and free, about 30 min from Spfld.  I do it in my 258/3 spd 74 Chero NT 1 Bbl!  We'll firm up a time Sat afternoon later this week.  

We can hook up at the AJ's/Dollar General parking lot in Sparta.  From Spfld/Ozark head directly East from the WalMart.  As you pass through Ozark the road will turn into 14.  Just stay E and you will come to SParta and see AJ's Pizza /Dollar General on the right.  

From Rogersville/ Highway 60- take Highway 125 to Sparta and take a right on 14.  You will see the AJ's / DG on the left.  From there it's less than 15 minutes to the trailhead.  

I'm going!  Hope to see you there.
Jesse, Near Sparta, MO FSJ/AMC Freak<br />Wag w/ 6" lift 360/727/229 (208 soon) <br />2 J10s, 2 J20s, 4 Door J20 Project, Lots of Wags<br />73 Commando on Wag Frame, 79 AMX, Several Eagles

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Chadwick 1/20 Sat afternoon- Stockers
« Reply #1 on: 01/17/07 - 01:09AM »
I'm planning on going not sure i'll be a leader since i've never driven the trails in there.  

A ? to those who know, Can we take saws or something because i'm sure there will be some trees down that we can't crawl over.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
« Reply #2 on: 01/17/07 - 10:37AM »
NO CHAIN SAW"S unless youve been through the governments chain saw class.  But bow saws are AOK.

I'll see if I can make this run, It could be a fun afternoon.
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline heath_ster

• Level 3
« Reply #3 on: 01/17/07 - 11:56AM »
I forgot my brothers birthday is friday and we got monster truck tickets for saturday afternoon
maybe next time
Heath
ahara w/6" lift 1" body,and alot of accesories<br /><br />2008 Sponsors:<br />S&S Auto, Staun, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4

Offline j2sax

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #4 on: 01/18/07 - 02:38AM »
Bummer!  Sorry you won't make it.  

Good note on the Saws.  I need to take that state course as CHain saws would make something  like this really easy compared with the hand saws!  Where do I find out more about this course?  

If nothing else we should hit the trail just to help clear it for the future!  
I have heard it might snow... but I think that will make it that much more fun!  

Hope to see some of you soon!  

Jesse
Jesse, Near Sparta, MO FSJ/AMC Freak<br />Wag w/ 6" lift 360/727/229 (208 soon) <br />2 J10s, 2 J20s, 4 Door J20 Project, Lots of Wags<br />73 Commando on Wag Frame, 79 AMX, Several Eagles

Offline DrLewall

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: 01/18/07 - 10:27AM »
I too would be interested in the Govt chainsaw certification..will google it and see what I can find..will report back later.
DrLewall
"Doc"

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
« Reply #6 on: 01/18/07 - 10:29AM »
Contact the Ranger station over in Ava for info on the chain saw thingy.  As fir snow @ chadwick, HELL YA it makes it more fun.......

Just try to remember where the deap water/mud holes are. :agree:
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline YellowTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #7 on: 01/18/07 - 10:50AM »
I've never been out there and so would like to go, I fear I have to clean up my own trees out of my yard, however I'll keep this in mind and see if it's possible.
color=yellow]
_l----l_
OlllllllO
[]--o-[]      "YellowTJ"

Offline JTTJ

• Level 1
« Reply #8 on: 01/18/07 - 09:01PM »
Im ready to get out of the house so im in
HATS ALL I GOT.....

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #9 on: 01/18/07 - 09:04PM »
Not so sure I'm going to make this one.  I haven't had a chance to mess with mine much less get Dave's back together since Disney.  

If I don't get to go hopefully we can put a run together for first weekend in Feb or something.

Aaron
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline j2sax

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #10 on: 01/19/07 - 11:03AM »
COme on now big guy!  You know that rig doesn't need much messin for Chadwick!  Seriuously, if you can't make it, you can't.  

I am still on... say 1:00 Sat afternoon at AJ's in Sparta?  I know there's only one or two trail options once we get back there... can someone lend some guidance as to which is the best way to go?  I know we will end up either getting turned around and comint out the way we came in or doiong th whole loop... eitheon works for me!  

So who else is still in?  

E ya!  

Jesse