Author Topic: 5 lug to 6 lug conversion?????  (Read 1670 times)

Offline Jeepb4x4n

5 lug to 6 lug conversion?????
« on: 01/ 8/06 - 08:45AM »
I want to convert my 5 lug into a 6 lug, but i need to know what i have to get to do it. if anyone knows what i need to do please let me know

Offline Big Pimpin

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
Re: 5 lug to 6 lug conversion?????
« Reply #1 on: 01/ 8/06 - 09:53AM »
What do you have for axles?
The phrase "You almost made it" breaks a lot of things.

Offline Jeepb4x4n

« Reply #2 on: 01/ 9/06 - 08:15AM »
i have a dana 44 with a 4:11 gear ratio for the rear and the front are the stock axles that came with it. i was talking to a machanic yesterday and he said id have to replace both my axles and since i just replaced the rear im not just yet ready to spend the money to do that plus my jeeps siting on the the side of 44 near strafford right know with a blown clutch it blew out on my to work last night

Offline Overland n' Rocks

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 01/ 9/06 - 02:35PM »
with D44's it's not that difficult. But 1st you need to get the thing off the shoulder of I-44.

Call John 744-2721 if you don't think you can do it yourself.
haos, Panic, & Disorder; I see my work here is done.

Offline Jeepb4x4n

« Reply #4 on: 01/ 9/06 - 02:54PM »
thanks man i had to towed so its no longer long 44, Thank god.

Offline Overland n' Rocks

• Level 1
« Reply #5 on: 01/ 9/06 - 06:32PM »
do you have 6 lug wheels? If so, it may be cheaper to buy more rims in the style you prefer.

In the rear you would need to have your existing shafts drilled for 6 lug, or order shafts with the 6 lug pattern, and do the same w/ the drums or discs.
Front may be bit tricky w/ the D30. Mixing & matching rotors, hubs, & such; to obtain the pattern you desire. Finding a driver-side drop D44 w/ 6-lug maybe a better option, and/or Scout II axles with Wagoneer outers for 6-lug pattern.
haos, Panic, & Disorder; I see my work here is done.

Offline DBox

• Level 1
« Reply #6 on: 01/ 9/06 - 07:01PM »
You could do it the way I did. I bought a 1982 Wagoneer and swapped the tranny, transfer, front and rear ends and power steering unit and... Boom! 6 lug wheels!   Just kidding. Bu I did change all that stuff out and it did leave me with one set of 6 hole wheels and a bunch of 5 holes.
avid Box "Real Jeeps are built, not bought."  And I'm still building this one!