Author Topic: J10 Rolling CHassis, future truggy? $250, Ozark  (Read 694 times)

Offline j2sax

• Club Members
  • Level 3
So last week I bought a 76 J10 just for the 401.  TH400 is Slipping in forward gears, though the guy was using it for plowing and TC worked great until the prior weekend. 

401 ran GREAT, so I am keeping it, however, the rest of the truck other than the frame is pretty well toasted.  I COULD yank the ft and rr diffs and sell and get more for scrapping the rest, but I don't have much time, so I thought I would try this first. 

I don't and won't have any pics til this weekend, however, imagine a white SWB Honcho with a totally shot bed, rusted and dents on every other panel, but a solid frame and D44's, psngr drop both ends.  The cab is not a total loss, but needs floor repair and is otherwise ugly!  Good windhshield. 

No title, no VIN tag (!) as this has not been on the road since 91 and only plowed a Mobile home park since then. 

My hope is tht someone needs a good starting point for a truggy, and this would do.  If you want the QT T/C with the frame, $25 more. 

I will sell the QT separatly for $65.  Lo range works great and the old man who used to own it said he had the chaing replaced before he sold the park to the guy that owns it now (that was 10 yrs ago, but latest owner says it ploed great until the TH400 puked). 

e me here or at j2sax@yahoo.com
Jesse, Near Sparta, MO FSJ/AMC Freak<br />Wag w/ 6" lift 360/727/229 (208 soon) <br />2 J10s, 2 J20s, 4 Door J20 Project, Lots of Wags<br />73 Commando on Wag Frame, 79 AMX, Several Eagles