Author Topic: 4Wheel Jamboree pics.  (Read 5066 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Re: 4Wheel Jamboree pics.
« Reply #15 on: 05/ 8/07 - 10:58AM »
it was actually quite comical... he hammered it, hit the hill, landed... then the hood flew up and parts went everywhere... crowd went... oooooooo  awwwhhhhh.   that would have been a sweet video to have. .. yessir.

ps... not slamming anyones jeep or anything like that. It was a good show.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: 05/ 8/07 - 11:00AM »
i think we would like to jump it more.

when i hit the first jump, the jeep felt great, even during the landing.

when i put the suspension together, it has 4 inches up travel and 8 inches droop. it has 14 inch travel shocks in the front and 12s in the rear.

what we will do now, is raise the hoop level and run 18 inch travel shocks all around. this will allow for the increase compression from jumps and such. we will add the nitrogen charged bump stop, cause they arent that exspensive and they work really well. this will aloow for better control.

had the positive battery terminal not come undone and the hood flying up, i would have finished the run.

i am wanting a video of it, cause it felt like a nice run/landing. all in all it was pretty smooth inside the jeep for being leaf sprung.

a couple mods and it will be back at it again.
for rock crawling info and events   go to   www.rockcrawlinginfo.com

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #17 on: 05/ 8/07 - 11:06AM »
It looked good up until the carnage point.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #18 on: 05/ 8/07 - 11:40AM »
Quote from: "whitehead"
. then the hood flew up and parts went everywhere...

Did you eliminate the outside hood catches when you fabbed the front?  

Man- I would love to see that on video!
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: 05/ 8/07 - 01:40PM »
that was our plan, but a few of those 2 in the morning times, somewhere through that we forgot.

the run started nice, the jeep handled great. i am hoping someone comes up with a video of it. everyone said i got some major air in it.
for rock crawling info and events   go to   www.rockcrawlinginfo.com

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
« Reply #20 on: 05/ 8/07 - 02:12PM »
Here's all the pics we got from the Jambo enjoy  They will be up on wicked mag with an article in the next couple of weeks. CLick on pic below

2009 Sponsors:
S&S Auto, Staun, Corbeau, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4, Brown Dog Industries

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!

Offline Project92YJ

• Level 3
« Reply #21 on: 05/ 8/07 - 11:44PM »
Quote from: "Go4Lo"

The "green" not sure what color to call the other jeep did a good job completing the course even lackin a front locker.

The Baby POO yellow jeep is mine and it handled all the rocks Goff did a great job in building it for me. Not only did it not have a front locker it was the smallest tire in its class and still took 3rd place. That was my first rock compatition

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #22 on: 05/ 9/07 - 01:33AM »
I'm proud of ya Myk... wish I would have my Jeep to enter... would have been my first time too! Next year for sure! :friday:

Offline Care Bear

• Level 2
« Reply #23 on: 05/ 9/07 - 11:46AM »
Quote from: "Project92YJ"
Quote from: "Go4Lo"

The "green" not sure what color to call the other jeep did a good job completing the course even lackin a front locker.

The Baby POO yellow jeep is mine and it handled all the rocks Goff did a great job in building it for me. Not only did it not have a front locker it was the smallest tire in its class and still took 3rd place. That was my first rock compatition

I still say you picked your nose and decided that was the color you chose but, Baby Poo is close.  I saw you run Sat. and heard about Sun.  Congrats!
ari
When you get squeezed, the stuff that comes out, is what is on the inside.