Author Topic: Washita  (Read 887 times)

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Washita
« on: 10/17/09 - 12:37PM »
Farmboy and I are headomg to Washita to scout it out today.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Washita
« Reply #1 on: 10/18/09 - 10:11PM »
Had a good run at the park.  With just the 2 of us we covered a lot of trails quickly. 

We both agreed the park would be worth a trip up (which we may do in Spring).

Lots of easy stocker trails (green).
A days worth of mild trails (yellow), which required 33's and a rear locker being wet.  A lot of these trails seemed to be non stop rock garden trails. 
There are several difficult trails (red) that were enough to challenge our jeeps while wet and provide entertainment. 
There are also a few obstacle trails like Waterfall that were long, with big rocks, and nonstop abuse on your rig for the length of the trail.

The map left something to be desired, which left Dave and I lost a few times. 

Sorry no pics we both forgot cameras and ran without stopping much anyway.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline B-Love

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 10/19/09 - 12:02AM »
thanks for the write-up on a different park Aaron!
Don't sweat the petty things...Pet the sweaty things.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 10/19/09 - 12:24AM »
I'll try to remember to bring my copy of the park map to the next meeting.

Offline farmboy

• Level 3
« Reply #4 on: 10/21/09 - 02:00PM »
This was my second trip to Washita and I finally got to see some of the park.  Since I spent all night last time recovering a rig while all the other Mid West Jeepers still ran the trails. funny how that works, but thats another subject.

This time was an absolute blast and we saw one entire side of the park like Aaron said.  We got lost a couple of times but once i figured the map out it was much easier to navigate.  he was having trouble keeping up on some of the trails cause I did most of the greens in 2-wheel drive. and i like to see the park, not every leaf on the ground so I moved on.  The yellow that we did go on were pretty cool and yes I tried one red and had to pull cable.  My jeep lost power for some reason (huge dent in the gas tank means no fuel when vertical) and I couldn't bump at all.

I think if everyone came down they would enjoy the park.  Like Aaron said, maybe a spring run. But if you did wanna come down in the winter, the greens would be pretty fun with some snow and the yellow of course would be much tougher.  Come down and see me again.  Obviously, I can't seem to get down there.
Be quick to listen, slow to speek and slow to anger!!