Author Topic: Going to be a new Jeep owner  (Read 7470 times)

Offline BigFord74

• Level 2
Re: Going to be a new Jeep owner
« Reply #30 on: 08/13/06 - 06:28PM »
Just curious but is it legal to run hydraulic steering on the streets in Mo? Just asking cause if it's not i'd hate to spend all that money and then get a nice phat ticket and told to keep it off the street. Kinda defeats the point of building a trail/street rig. But if it is ok then by all means go for it....
url=http://www.ozarkoffroadfab.com/]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8455/logoleftrs8.gif

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #31 on: 08/13/06 - 10:47PM »
Hydro Assist steering is legal but full hydraulic is not.  You must have some real linkage connecting steering box to axle.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline tough91yj

• Level 2
« Reply #32 on: 08/14/06 - 03:27AM »
from what i have heard yalls laws are about the same as down in okla. tons of stuff on a jeep are not legal but its not a problem, i have a few things and never a problem, i seriously doubt a cop is gonna see u have full hyd. and pull u over.
ttp://www.kore4x4customs.com/

beadlocks, truss's, link/shock tabs. controll arms.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #33 on: 08/14/06 - 09:01AM »
You may not get pulled over for it but even when you know a guy for inspections most still wouldn't pass a full hydro rig.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!
« Reply #34 on: 08/14/06 - 10:05PM »
john lloyd runs full hydro and would argue the legality fact. i have also seen alot of full hydro rigs with plates.  the guy that inspects my stuff said he would only pass a dual cylinder (2 ram) steering setup (both on one axle for a double redunancy)
for rock crawling info and events   go to   www.rockcrawlinginfo.com

Offline JEEP Lovin Cowgirl

• Level 4
« Reply #35 on: 08/14/06 - 11:47PM »
:beerchug: All I can say is good grief lol.... :beer: just remember it's Jeep: Just Empty Every Pocket
I'll be the first to admit I've been pulled up 2 hills in my time in the jeep club alone and it wasn't due to bad wheeling.....first was due to someone stopping in front of us and it was muddy and second was ALL BUT 4 jeeps I believe had to be pulled up the hill....that was a day from hell and I could actually say I was pissed because of my own stupidity not having a spare that was the same size as the other tires and knowing that I was having issues with the jeep, but hey, I still went, I had fun, was mad at myself and now can laugh about it...isn't that part of jeeping and having fun?  That's what I think anyway and who cares about spell checking.....it's for professional letters and papers you turn into school lol....been there done that and well, don't use it any more.... :bigeyes: So, after my .02 cents  :bowdown:  just chill.....get out there, don't spend all of mommy and daddy's money and build it on your own....you'll respect it way more.....and that's coming from a mom's point of view and a jeeper and past student's point..... :boxing:
Amy~
"75% of the planet is covered by water.
The rest is covered by Jeep!"

www.jordanessentialsrep.com/9274
Jordan Essentials~Bath, Body & Spa

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #36 on: 08/15/06 - 01:17AM »
Quote from: "junkyard"
john lloyd runs full hydro and would argue the legality fact. i have also seen alot of full hydro rigs with plates.  the guy that inspects my stuff said he would only pass a dual cylinder (2 ram) steering setup (both on one axle for a double redunancy)

John does  but he has also told me that it is illegal and if he ever gets pulled over buy the right trooper  the VIN plate would be pulled right off and it would get put into the off road use only file.

can you get it insppected? sure you can
 can you run it for years with out any problems? sure
 do others do it? yes
is it legal? no
is that going to stop ya?
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
« Reply #37 on: 08/15/06 - 01:24PM »
well I could have been my mistake, i thought he told me he found out how it was legal before. im not running it due to just not liking highway speed handling of the systems.

Offline mudmonster

• Level 1
« Reply #38 on: 08/16/06 - 03:28PM »
Quote from: "JEEP Lovin Cowgirl"
 That's what I think anyway and who cares about spell checking.....it's for professional letters and papers you turn into school lol....been there done that and well, don't use it any more.... :bigeyes:

KEWL THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT

don't spend all of mommy and daddy's money and build it on your own....you'll respect it way more.....and that's coming from a mom's point of view and a jeeper and past student's point..... :boxing:

DONT WORRY THEY HAVE LOTS MORE JUST WORKING ON THE INHERITENCE EARLY

I WAS GOING TO TELL YOU GUYS WHAT I HAVE BEEN DOING BUT YOU HAVE TURNED THIS THREAD INTO A BUNCH OF CRAP WHATEVRE

Offline JacksFork

• SMORR
  • Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #39 on: 08/17/06 - 12:01AM »
Hey i cant fix my stuff  :bsflag: thats what you got buddys for(jeep club) :agree:

Brandon
SMORR
SOUTHERN MISSOURI OFF ROAD RANCH
http://www.smorr.net

CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!!
http://smorr.net/facebook

Offline freds_94

• Level 3
« Reply #40 on: 08/17/06 - 10:25AM »
i wouldnt worry to much about the crap, go ahead and tell us what you've done
trying to raise a teenager is like nailing jello to a tree

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
« Reply #41 on: 08/17/06 - 10:53AM »
just have some thick internet skin and youll be fine, you know the saying about opinions

i think some people get off the point, i like hearing what people are doing to there stuff, thats how i follow some trends.

this lets not cry cry cry and spell checking and whaaa whaaa whhaaa is all good, but it seems as though there wasnt any terchnical help in that whole post.

the laws are up to interpretation and whos looking at it. some laws have loop holes. i can get away with most anything cause of my area, but yours maybe more heavily enforced.

i think if you are going to do a lets all get along addition to a post, at least have the curtousy of adding something technical the relates to the thread.

Offline JEEP Lovin Cowgirl

• Level 4
« Reply #42 on: 08/22/06 - 06:45PM »
Very well stated.  Go ahead, tell us what you've done.  I think the planets and all the moons and all the signs have been screwed up....maybe blame it on Hurricane Katrina?  The drought?  La Nina or El Nino? Not enough chocolate? Shortage of good cheap jeep parts? Heck I don't know but I honestly think the heat and the shortage of fresh Krispy Kreme donughts? Just kidding, but I know the heat makes us all bitchy but welcome, please do tell us what you've done, ask questions and as a mom, past student, and still a pain in my mom's ass at 33 I'll give all the advice and information you need .....  :biggrin:
Amy~
"75% of the planet is covered by water.
The rest is covered by Jeep!"

www.jordanessentialsrep.com/9274
Jordan Essentials~Bath, Body & Spa

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #43 on: 09/ 7/06 - 01:07AM »
Hey man, you gonna have this beast done for the Fall 4x Fest?  You ought to bring it out.  Maybe you'll have your's done before OJTV8XJ   :avid:
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #44 on: 09/ 7/06 - 12:34PM »
Quote from: "LibertyPatriot"
Hey man, you gonna have this beast done for the Fall 4x Fest?  You ought to bring it out.  Maybe you'll have your's done before OJTV8XJ   :avid:

Man Keith that's just cold....  :boink:

So how about it mudmonster you still around this site?  You put anything together yet?