Author Topic: Anyone experienced with wj's?  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Armada33

Anyone experienced with wj's?
« on: 03/10/08 - 06:29PM »
I'm looking to mod my 01 WJ and I'm having trouble finding all the things I want. So what are things that have worked out for you and where would you go in town to get them done?

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Re: Anyone experienced with wj's?
« Reply #1 on: 03/10/08 - 06:35PM »
I know nothing about WJ's, but since your are in Republic, the closest place to go to get stuff done would be John's 4x4 & More in Billings. 744-2721
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #2 on: 03/10/08 - 07:02PM »
What are you wanting to get done? 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Armada33

« Reply #3 on: 03/10/08 - 07:33PM »
just about everything within the next 3 years this year i'm focusing more on engine components and exhaust. i already know i'm getting banks headers and a magnaflow cat-back

Offline W

• Level 1
  • Lowriders are for those that can't get it up!
« Reply #4 on: 04/25/08 - 02:44PM »
Lift height? Axles? 4.0 or 4.7L engine?

I have dreamed of building up a WJ since I've had my TJ built on 33s....my GF has a 99 WJ and I love driving it, one of the most confortable vehicles I've driven and I love everything about it.

My WJ build would consist of something like this:
04 WJ - Chili Pepper Red paint (Last year of the good looking Grands in my opinion)
4.7L HO V8 matched with full upgraded exhaust system (header, hi-flow cat, aftermarket exhaust)
4-5" RE or Clayton Long Arm suspension system
33" MT/Rs on 17x8 AE Teflon Rims
Custom D44 front and D44 or 60 (shaved) rear
Enhance the already nice Infinity Audio System
ARB Bull Bar Front Bumper w/ Winch
Wilderness Roof Rack w/ spare mounted on top
Plenty of other little things that I can't think of right now.

email me at skyjacked_wrangler@yahoo.com if you need any tips or advice on how to save money on the exhaust system....that can add up quikcly if you but the full exhaust kits
quot;Lowriders are for those who can't get it up!"<br />JEEP = expensive

Offline map93heep

• Level 3
« Reply #5 on: 04/27/08 - 05:14PM »
take a look @www.kevinsoffroad.com. wj and zj are his thing.

Offline tater

• Level 1
« Reply #6 on: 06/11/08 - 11:09PM »
If you are just looking to buy, I would be sure to check the codes on the temp guages if it has the climate control.  The doors go bad and it is expensive(+$800) to get them fixed. Also make sure the front calipers have been upgraded.  Not off road issues but can make it a pain in the ass to drive.
I think the axles are too weak to do any major upgrades to, especially bigger tires.
This is a good site to research

http://www.wjjeeps.com/jmenu.htm
« Last Edit: 06/11/08 - 11:18PM by tater »
7 Wrangler 2.5, dana 44 front & rear, Detroit truetrac front, Detroit locker rear, 4.56 gears,

Save the whales. Collect the whole set