Author Topic: Seeing some major fluid loss  (Read 899 times)

Offline JParuBob

• Level 2
Seeing some major fluid loss
« on: 11/ 8/07 - 12:48PM »
From both my rear diff and my t-case (at the tailend). I'll check it again when I get home, but the shaft doesn't seem to have any play in it. Can't tell specifically where, either. The diff has the underside of the tubes, as well as the pumpkin.

The t-case seems to be the bottom half of the t-case.

Ideas? I thought originally maybe the pinion seal/SYE seal, but not sure.
amie Bacon

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Re: Seeing some major fluid loss
« Reply #1 on: 11/ 8/07 - 04:11PM »
if it was your pinion seal it would be slinging it up onto the underbody of your jeep while you are driving.

Also if you have recently changed out your diff fluid and overfilled it.. it will blow out the excess where ever it can... vent tube, or seal.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
« Reply #2 on: 11/ 8/07 - 09:06PM »
Your jeep is suffering from rock-itis.  Take it for a ride over some rocks, and dirt, and then see if still leaks. 

When was the last time you took it offroad?

Or you could have dammaged the seals on both ends when you broke youre u-joint, or drive shaft....whichever it was. 

But seriously, not wheeling your jeep is just wrong........
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline JParuBob

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 11/ 9/07 - 12:00AM »
Your jeep is suffering from rock-itis.  Take it for a ride over some rocks, and dirt, and then see if still leaks. 

When was the last time you took it offroad?

Or you could have dammaged the seals on both ends when you broke youre u-joint, or drive shaft....whichever it was. 

But seriously, not wheeling your jeep is just wrong........

Seals were my first thought, but I don't remember seeing any fluid around the pinion seal, or the SYE seal. I'll double check again on the weekend.
amie Bacon