Author Topic: control arm Qs  (Read 797 times)

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
control arm Qs
« on: 10/20/09 - 11:15AM »
i got a full set of Currie control arms. both ends have Jonnhy Joints. but on the lowers, and rear uppers,the adjustable end is quite a bit lager. and that end has the grease fitting in it. does it matter which end is the frame end of the arm?

and since these arms cost more than my first car, whats the best grease to put in them, and any other things i should know to make these last longer than my last set.

thanks
B
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Re: control arm Qs
« Reply #1 on: 10/20/09 - 04:08PM »
The JKS arms on the Rubicon were the same way. There is no right or wrong way to mount them, for the lowers, just put the zirks on top so they don't get scratched off on a rock and for the rear uppers, mount with the zirk down for easy greasin'. If I had to do it again, I would mount the front lowers with the adjustable on the frame mount and the rear with the adjustable on the axle mount... so that when your sliding over rocks forward (which you'll do more often) the rocks can't catch on the arms themselves. just a theory... probably got holes in it.

EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
Re: control arm Qs
« Reply #2 on: 10/20/09 - 06:37PM »
Thanks jimmy. Ill go with that,unless I hear otherwise.
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!