Author Topic: control arm lengths  (Read 911 times)

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
control arm lengths
« on: 10/26/09 - 05:43PM »
does anybody know, or have a link to a place, where i can find the correct control arm length for a wrangler with 3 inches of lift? and if it matters, i do not have a TC drop.

thanks
Brian
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline Kkow

• Club Members
  • Level 1
Re: control arm lengths
« Reply #1 on: 10/26/09 - 05:52PM »
The control arms that come in just about all non adjustable lift kits are about 5/8" longer then stock.  Stock length or stock control arms will work fine on three inches of lift, a friend of mine ran stock control and on her TJ for years with 3.5" of lift and hand no trouble except the stock arms don't hold up well to rock abuse.

Having T-case drop will help with your pinion angle if you go to longer then stock control arms.
Street Trail is sweet!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #2 on: 10/26/09 - 05:55PM »
Personally I always tune mine to center the wheel in the rear wheel opening.  Hate how some lifts come with aftermarket arms that don't do this. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
« Reply #3 on: 10/26/09 - 05:58PM »
i have adjustable arms now. and i just set those to 1/4 inch longer than stock. but i was wanting to make sure i got the lengths correct this time. and see if i can get the very few vibes i do have to go away with making the rear uppers just a little longer. and i have a BL and MML lift on the way, so that should help with vibes too.
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #4 on: 10/26/09 - 06:01PM »
Measure your stock ones hole to hole and you'll get your answer. Like Aaron with adjustable arms you can center your wheels in the opening; just b e careful not to extend them too much. It'll weaken them and could make your driveshaft too short.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.