Author Topic: Jones MudFest (and Trails) June 5th  (Read 1606 times)

Offline jeeptchr

Jones MudFest (and Trails) June 5th
« on: 05/17/10 - 02:33PM »
Hey,haven't been on the boards here for a while but I thought I'd let everyone know about a event we are hosting in Lockwood MO.  It's close enough to run to for the day, and the trails are pretty good.  There's something for everyone there mud, rocks, trails!!   

www.jonesmudfest.com One day event, check us out on Facebook also!!

Thanks and hope to see you there,
Brad J (jeeptchr)
aved roads are a needless example of goverments spending

Offline why jay

• Level 2
Re: Jones MudFest (and Trails) June 5th
« Reply #1 on: 06/ 1/10 - 02:34PM »
I plan on going to this.  I am NOT going in the mud, but thought I might find some nice easy trails.  Going to be Brooklyn's first off road experience.  Want to keep it pretty tame.  Anyway, just posting up that I was going. 
I am Joe the plumber.

Offline why jay

• Level 2
My Review
« Reply #2 on: 06/ 6/10 - 02:30PM »
I went to the Mudfest Saturday and had a good time.  I just wanted to post up what I thought of it, both good and bad.  First of all, this would have been an awesome stocker run.  For all of you guys that like Chadwick, you missed out.  I didn't air down and stayed open on all but one hill (loose rock).  There were quite a few stock jeeps running the trails and it was somewhat challenging at times for them, but certainly doable.  As far as built rigs go, if you are looking to be challenged, don't go.  We went looking to drive on some easy trails and were not disappointed.  This was Brooklyn's first trail day.  The people there were great,as always in our sport.  The Brushbeaters were there too.  It was not real organized and the maps were not great.  It certainly was geared toward the mud guys.  That being said, it was like having a friend with 1000 acres and he says u can wheel on his property.  The trails were marked decently once you found them.  But they told us from the beginning to feel free to cut our own trails if we saw something we wanted to do.  I think this is going to be an annual thing, and we will go back.  If the club is really wanting to a pretty decent stocker run, better than SMORR (for the stock guys) and better than Chadwick, I recommend this.  BTW, they had power washers there to washer your rig for the ride home but I did not see a compressor.  The had concessions and porta johns.   
I am Joe the plumber.

Offline map93heep

• Level 3
« Reply #3 on: 06/ 6/10 - 05:24PM »
We will have to look into this next year and go as a group.

Offline arveetek

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 06/ 6/10 - 11:45PM »
Thanks for the report.  I might have to check it out next time.

I'm not into mud either.  Been there, done that.  I like mild trails the best.

Casey

Offline x6xdemonx6x

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: 06/22/10 - 03:31AM »
got a new truck for mud runs and would have gone had my trans not decided to go out on me.....again..... :102:
Dude......I don't think thats gonna buff out.<br /><br />That ain't rust...Their custom lightening holes.

Offline jeeptchr

« Reply #6 on: 08/30/10 - 12:37PM »
Hey, This summer got away from me and I haddn't had a chance to get on here and check the board.  WhyJay thanks for coming out!  it was good to meet you guys, (I was the guy usually on a dozer or in a tractor most of the day)  Thanks for the constructive criticism, and we're trying to do better for our next run (Sept 18th)  I'm not a mud guy, so my focus is on the trail side, and living 3 hrs away from the farm I was only able to get so many trails cut.  we are definitely working on getting some stuff cut for the bigger guys, hopefully this winter I'll get some more of the big stuff opened up.  Yeah, there's a lot of mud, but there was over 10 miles of trails cut so far,  we were shooting for the moderate to stocker guys.  We did have a couple of air compressors, they were mounted to our work trucks :)  so just ask next time and we'll get you some air.
And yeah I know... the map's sucked, I need to work on them a bit, but I ran out of time, I'll try to get them a little bit better for this next go round. 
Thanks again for the commentary, If you make it again, ask where Brad is and be sure to say hi. 
There was a bunch of pic's taken that were posted up on facebook, be sure and check them out! (there's a link on the front page of our site)
BTW, look at the new mudfest posting about the run on the 18th, come out and have another day of fun.
aved roads are a needless example of goverments spending