Author Topic: Flat Nasty for Labor Day  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Marko

Flat Nasty for Labor Day
« on: 08/17/06 - 10:09PM »
I was a pleasure to some of you at the WE Rock event up at Hannibal.

We're heading down to your neck of the woods for labor day. They got some absolutly narly trails and great hospitiality at Flat Nasty.  

Everyone that is up for some great wheeling is welcome join us.

-John

Here's the pics from last month's trip:

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
Re: Flat Nasty for Labor Day
« Reply #1 on: 08/18/06 - 10:52AM »
Hey John,

Hope your folks had a better trip back to TN than you did on the Rocks Sunday!  Had fun watchin' ya flail that CJ5.  I was gonna stretch mine out a little more, but after seeing where you can go Imma just leave it alone.

Later,
Keith
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline Marko

« Reply #2 on: 08/21/06 - 01:19PM »
Kieth,

The folks made it back with out any problems.  That shaft popped Sun. morning and we figured finish the event to with what we had.

Our CJ is at 87" WB.  Keep it low, tuck the D-train, with a basic suspension that doesn't unload and have fun.  Our total width is around 77-78".  You'll find it will fit in places you could never image and turn on a dime.  We use it to our advange. We never been too short for any trails we ever ran. There were times the climbs were interesting with the old leaves in the rear, but o'while makes more interesting.  

We'll get down there and go wheeling with you's before to long.

-John

Offline Fierogld

• Level 3
  • climbin trees
« Reply #3 on: 08/25/06 - 01:57PM »
how long is your rear driveshaft?   Im building a cj5 and my shaft is going to be quite short....until I get that done ill have to wait out flat nasty.
I like jeeps!!!

Offline mjsteiro

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 08/25/06 - 11:08PM »
Just a question about F&N .  Everytime I see pics of wheelin there they have been awesome.  Just wondering about trails for stock or close to stock rigs?  Any info would be helpful.

Thank you

Mike
othing but skinny pedal!!!

open front, welded rear, 31" LTB's

It may be small but I can still get it UP!!
 Ranch Rocker!!!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #5 on: 08/25/06 - 11:21PM »
I've been to flat nasty there are trails for everyone there.  The park does have a lot of harder trails though.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Marko

« Reply #6 on: 08/27/06 - 08:47PM »
Flat Nasty has got plenty of trails built for lots of different rigs.  The hard trails are bad to the bone with no-bypasses.  Interm. are great trail riding  fun with challenges.  The  easy trail aren't too hard but a challenge for the stock rigs.

The CJ a 87" WB with a 4.0 EFI, AW4 and factory short shaft D300. 3" stretch to the back, front pretty much stock location.  The rear shaft is 16.5 at level. If you running a 4.0/TH350 or 999 with the D300 it be about 2" to 3" longer approx.  You got to watch the D-train postion in the chassis. We sunk it as low as possible motor and tranny with a fully clocked D300 for better CG. The t-case is at the lowest point, including skid, ~1" below frame rails.

If you were to choose a 4.3 or a 350GM you have even more lenght.  We choose the make a 98' HO from a ZJ, think its still lives there.  What it doesn't know is it's in a 1980 CJ5.

-John