Author Topic: hand throttle  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Fierogld

• Level 3
  • climbin trees
hand throttle
« on: 03/30/08 - 02:47PM »
how difficult is one to put in a TJ and where can you get one?  ive seen some jeeps with them and i feel they are necessary with a winch.
LATA
Ryan
I like jeeps!!!

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
Re: hand throttle
« Reply #1 on: 03/30/08 - 04:22PM »
They are easy.  Go to a bicycle shop and buy a cheap or used brake or shifter handle & about 8 or 9 feet of brake cable & sheath.  Go to the hardware store and buy a few inches of ball chain & couplers with a lollypop coupler(the one with a hole in it), and a small u-bolt (like you use for repairing fences).  Mount the lever on your shift lever & route the cable down your shift lever, up & over the top of the engine and follow your existing throttle cable.  Drill a couple of holes for the u-bolt, bolt it down & use the ball chain to link the hand throttle to your throttle linkage.  Aaron can possibly supply a couple of pics of his (that i did) or i might have a few shots of mine in here someplace if you search.  It's easy & costs about $15 that way.  Or, you can spend $40+shipping for the RE one, and follow the instructions.
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline Fierogld

• Level 3
  • climbin trees
« Reply #2 on: 03/30/08 - 04:30PM »
thanx, thats definatley a start, i like the 15 buck way myself. in fact ive got an old ten spd that i can rob the shifter from.  pics would definalty help clear a few things up, esp of the throttle linkage and ubolt stuff.
Thanx
Ryan
I like jeeps!!!

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline Fierogld

• Level 3
  • climbin trees
« Reply #4 on: 03/30/08 - 09:20PM »
sweet thanx.
Ryan
I like jeeps!!!