Author Topic: did some recovery tonight  (Read 1008 times)

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
did some recovery tonight
« on: 09/11/08 - 11:10PM »
So I was over at the in-laws house for a birthday party tonight. went down the road to get so AA batteries and there was a s10 that missed the drive way and was nose down in a ditch. butch of kids jumping up and down on the rear bumper. they were trying to get the low profile tire to drop about 3 feet to make contact. so I pull some cable out hook to the bumper and just barely pull the guy and popped him right out.he walks up and hands me a coupon a free pizza from some place I had never heard off. turns out he was a delivery guy   score............

right place
right time
right equipment
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
Re: did some recovery tonight
« Reply #1 on: 09/12/08 - 12:51AM »
man i need to get a winch. maybe i can come along a Sam Adams truck stuck in a ditch somewhere!
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline Jacon

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 09/18/08 - 03:32PM »
I did almost the same thing yesterday after I finished hunting. There was a guy in a full size Chevy 2 wheel drive that had backed into a ditch too far and got hung up on his back bumper. I got out the tow strap, hooked him up, let out on the clutch and popped him right out of the ditch. He insisted that I take $20 from him because he didn't have to walk over 4 miles to the nearest phone to call his wife. I didn't take the money though, that could have happened to anyone.

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #3 on: 09/19/08 - 07:13PM »
that cool I have not called to see if they will give me a pizza yet. I probably  wont
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson