Author Topic: im looking for a really good butcher  (Read 1071 times)

Offline mike4089

• Level 2
im looking for a really good butcher
« on: 06/24/09 - 10:40PM »
im looking for a good butcher that might specialize in specialty meats such as lamb....im looking for a place to buy ground lamb, and have meat cut and ground the way i want....anyone know a good place??

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Re: im looking for a really good butcher
« Reply #1 on: 06/24/09 - 11:21PM »
Harter House on east republic rd in Springfield. Best meat in a 100 mile radius, all dry aged.  You won't find anything better.
And yes, they'll cut or grind it anyway you want it. 
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline mike4089

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 06/24/09 - 11:29PM »
im gonna call them tomorrow...i am hoping they will gring some top sirloin for me on a CLEAN machine...and grind it three times, so i can make one of my favorite armenian dishes...its uncooked hamburg meat mixed with rice and spices....not everyone will be willing to grind the meat like that for you

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
« Reply #3 on: 06/25/09 - 02:07AM »
  :104: Uncooked hamburger??? that sounds interesting. I have heard of uncooked seafood and shell fish in like a civeche' but never heard of uncooked beef? Post up the recipe, I might have to try it.

If your into cooking check out Alton brown on the food network, he did a episode about processing and grinding your own meats, very informative. I guess you could always grind it yourself that way you can control sanitation and quality.

Alex
First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again....

Offline mike4089

• Level 2
« Reply #4 on: 06/26/09 - 01:36AM »
its called khyema...google it there are a ton of recipes...its WICKED AWESOME!!!!