Author Topic: Hello from Pennsylvanian  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Kkow

• Club Members
  • Level 1
Hello from Pennsylvanian
« on: 10/17/09 - 02:46AM »
Hi, I'm Ken and I am currently living in southeastern Pa. I joined this forum because I am looking into moving to the Springfield area in the next few months.  I am debating on selling my jeep if I move, because I don't know if it is worth me bringing it with me.  Ive put a bunch time and money into it and still enjoy trail riding.  I have a steal blue 2001 wrangler on internally bead locked 33" swampers with 4.5" of lift. It has a bunch of other stuff done to it by me, but I don't want to get into that here.

Street Trail is sweet!

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
Re: Hello from Pennsylvanian
« Reply #1 on: 10/17/09 - 03:30AM »
bring. we have alot of good wheeling spots down here. smorr,.disey,ok.flat hasty.and not to far to hot spring, ark.
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.

Offline Kkow

• Club Members
  • Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 10/17/09 - 03:47AM »
Can you give me some idea of what kinds of trails you have?  I don't know if trails in different parts on the country are rated the same, but I very much enjoy the back rated trails here.  I am one of a few people I know that think if you don't stuck every so often, you are running to easy of a trail.  8)
Street Trail is sweet!

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #3 on: 10/17/09 - 02:00PM »
you can run about half the trails here as your jeep is not big enough. :78:

Offline Kkow

• Club Members
  • Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 10/17/09 - 04:21PM »
That stinks, maybe I should leave it behind. What would be the average tire size among the majority of the active members?  35" tires is all the bigger I planed on going, and adding the second locker very soon.
Street Trail is sweet!

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #5 on: 10/17/09 - 10:48PM »
most of the guys  run 35. a few  run 42 and bigger. but there is alot of trail down here.

ps bring it will grow up. lol
« Last Edit: 10/17/09 - 10:51PM by CRAZY LARRY »

Offline B-Love

• Level 2
« Reply #6 on: 10/18/09 - 11:53PM »
I run 33's with just a basic 3 inch lift on otherwise stock 03 Rubicon.  Ran on a spacer lift before that.  I've run most of the 4 rated trails at the park (SMORR) down here.  Sounds like you're locked in the rear.  I'd say you could run most of what us smaller rigs run just fine.  We have guys running everything from basically stock rigs all the way up to rig's like Crazy Larry. 

Check out some of the photo galleries of the runs that we have done in the past.  That will give you a pretty good idea of what terrain you'll run into down here. 
Don't sweat the petty things...Pet the sweaty things.

Offline Kkow

• Club Members
  • Level 1
« Reply #7 on: 04/29/10 - 05:29PM »
The time has come for me to be in the Springfield area. may 3 or 4 is my estimated day of arrival, but with out my jeep. I will get it some how, some day. But untill then, is there anything jeep related to do with out actually having a jeep?  I've done some fairly major mod the past few months so I can't wait to see in person what mid west wheel is like.
Street Trail is sweet!

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #8 on: 04/30/10 - 02:57PM »
There's all kind of spectator events happening at http://HTTP://SMORR.NET this year. Plus if you want to come trail riding, speak up, when a trailride comes up; there are always empty seats and a great group of people who'll share them with you and give you a hard time for not having your rig.

EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #9 on: 04/30/10 - 04:04PM »
If you're here in time, our next meeting is Thursday, May 6 @7:30.  If you are here, you should try to make it and meet up with us.  They're a bunch of good people!
Mo Printer

Offline Kkow

• Club Members
  • Level 1
« Reply #10 on: 05/ 4/10 - 11:00PM »
I'm in the area now, I'm working on my come backs for not having my jeep. My girlfriend is working thursday so I will have to go alone to the meeting, I wasn't sure if it was a members only thing or not.
Street Trail is sweet!

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #11 on: 05/ 4/10 - 11:08PM »
Everyone is welcome.  I even drag my kid to them sometimes.