Author Topic: SMORR Needs some pruning BAD  (Read 1624 times)

Blueyellow

SMORR Needs some pruning BAD
« on: 01/19/07 - 12:50AM »
Just spoke with Brandon And He was at SMORR Yesterday and trees are down and Ranch Road is Bad, SMORR is asking For Trail clean up Help. When can We get a crew up to Help clean the trails.
For anybody willing to Put in a days worth of Trail cleaning. He is giving Free days wheelin Pass.
  I know that people have their own houses to deal with and We Fully Understand.
    So If you are avaiable Please Pipe Up we are even thinking about a crew This weekend If it will work out... Please Holler at What weekend in the near Future will work out for you....... this is  a great Wheelin spot not to far from home. Please Help if you Can..... Thanks
Al

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Re: SMORR Needs some pruning BAD
« Reply #1 on: 01/19/07 - 04:15PM »
Yeah it need to be cleaned up soon... no doubt. But trying to go out there and do anything before the ice is off the trees and making a bunch of racket with chainsaws is about as smart as straddling a taut winch cable.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline redneck_punk

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 01/19/07 - 08:31PM »
Let me know when and I will be there I have been lucky and not lost power but for like 2 hrs and I have no trees so I was lucky just let me know and I will be there to help
t's a Jeep NOT a sheep get off my tail!!!!!!!!

Offline Deano

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 01/20/07 - 10:56AM »
Set up a time Im in I have a couple of guys that will help and I have a saw.
DRIVE IT LIKE IT'S SPONSORED!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline big ride

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 01/20/07 - 12:57PM »
Well, if all goes as planned, and I don't get informed otherwise.....
Jan. 27/28th there will be a "PRUNEFEST '07" at the park.
Yes, this is an off-weekend, that way more work will get done, and the gate will be locked at a certain time each morning, so that everyone present can go out and help. Men,women, children, and all... any and all help would be aprreciated greatly. As for rewarding your efforts, there'll be wheelin' passes handed out, and more people show up than there are passes, a list will be started as a sort of an I.O.U. process. Sound OK w/ everyone?
 I was thinking about locking up somewhere between 9:30-10:00a.m. and any late commers could call whoever, if the cell signal is still good. Will that work?
It's been requested that the trees that are down all over ranch road, be cut up, and leave the bigger logs on the side, so that they may be picked up w/ a tractor and trailer. Everything else can/should be hauled up to the 'top', for a either a bonfire, or stack rows of wood up for the camping area.
 While on that camping subject, the area that is reserved for camping is off limits for the time being, staff is trying to get a good stand of grass growing, to make things more comfortable on everyone. Feel free to camp that night as usual, only in a different area.
 Another area of concern that is off limits to truck traffic, is the "steps" on Ranch Road, lots of time, and effort, and money was spent on this project. Equipment rental, and fuel, etc., was needed to chip away the protruding rocks that everyone would always mention, the bypass is to be used for the time being, and until the rocks, drainage areas that were dug out settle back into place, the hill is to remain roped off.
 This sounds like a lot of info., but really it's not. I hope to see some if not all (lol) of you out that weekend, I'll have the gate open, ready and waiting, as Brandon is gone on another 'racing adventure' w/ the Powell Corporation.    :cool:

Any questions, feel free to PM me, or e-mail.

Saws, trucks, trailers, we all know the routine as usual, only this time it's more extensive, and cleaning up what's already been cleared out once before.
"the difference between breaking with a D44 and a Rockwells is, both can be broken, but whatever you did to break the Rockwells is gonna be worth having on video...."

Offline GURU

• Law Dog
  • Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #5 on: 01/21/07 - 11:59AM »
my apologies for the inconvience of my thoughts
hose who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                     -Benjamin Franklin
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f151/DDay1/biohazard.jpg
ZERO TOLERANCE

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #6 on: 01/22/07 - 12:11PM »
Quote from: "GURU"
my apologies for the inconvience of my thoughts

??  I have some suspicion that there was more to this post then this, Carl.

Let me guess - oh nevermind.  Typical shit for around here anymore.

On topic, I will not have the opportunity to attend the clean up at SMORR since I will be helping around my neighborhood to help my neighbors.  Just feel that after seeing the destruction that my time will be better served close to home.  To those that go out to clean - be careful and thanks for your efforts to help keep the park open.
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline rubiconcouple

• Level 1
« Reply #7 on: 01/22/07 - 01:34PM »
I will try and  make  it up there have  been wanting  to come up there  but   it  would  be  only  on the 28 th   can't  make  it  for  the  27 th .

Offline JacksFork

• SMORR
  • Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #8 on: 01/28/07 - 07:52PM »
Thanks for everyones help that came out this weekend........damage was not as bad as it could of been........hope everyone is warm and has there cable back. :beerchug:

I was out of power for 14 days and just got internet today....horay

Brandon
SOUTHERN MISSOURI OFF ROAD RANCH
http://www.smorr.net

CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!!
http://smorr.net/facebook