Author Topic: Anyone duck or goose hunt?  (Read 874 times)

Offline W

• Level 1
  • Lowriders are for those that can't get it up!
Anyone duck or goose hunt?
« on: 11/ 6/07 - 08:20PM »
Just wondering if anyone on the boards duck or goose hunts around here? might be looking to go out for a few times after the new year.  I'm planning on hunting up in St. Charles when I go back for Turkey Break to StL and then heading down to Southern IL for a day of making it rain ducks, then hunting a couple more times if time permits over winter break.

Anybody go out and shoot yet in the North or Middle Zones?

Any good hunting spots around Springfield?  Mostly private lands i'm assuming with the only MDC location somewhat close being Schell-Osage and Four Rivers or you can go east to the Bootheel but thats not the shortest drive.
quot;Lowriders are for those who can't get it up!"<br />JEEP = expensive

Offline Jeeprollindeep

• Level 1
Re: Anyone duck or goose hunt?
« Reply #1 on: 11/20/07 - 07:06PM »
Theres not many good spots in southwest mo, You can get some ducks off of lake taneycomo  near branson sometimes. At table rock they are few and far between. I now live in the bootheel and i know that down at otter slough conservation area they have been doing pretty good on the ducks, but you have to register in the poor mans drawing every morning.
6 Zj with some stuff done to it.
87 YJ, that im workin on.

Offline W

• Level 1
  • Lowriders are for those that can't get it up!
Re: Anyone duck or goose hunt?
« Reply #2 on: 12/ 8/07 - 05:08PM »
Yea one of my buddies goes to school over at SEMO and hunts every morning, they were tearing it up the beginning of the season at Otter Slough, pounding them mostly early morning and limiting out the whole first week of the middle opener.
quot;Lowriders are for those who can't get it up!"<br />JEEP = expensive