Author Topic: Have you heard it?  (Read 2659 times)

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
Have you heard it?
« on: 09/19/08 - 01:19PM »
I listen to 102.1 (Lex and Terry) and they have been running an Obama commercial lately.  It starts with different people saying why they are voting for change.

"I am voting for change because when I need healthcare, I want to know that I can afford it."

"I am voting for change because the future doesn't run on oil."

"I am voting for change because my mom's has to work all day to fill up my tank."

WTF?  Does anyone else see a problem with one of these statements?  (There is more than just these but they are the only ones that I could remember off the top of my head)  I will revise it as I hear it again.

Has anyone else noticed this commercial?
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
Re: Have you heard it?
« Reply #1 on: 09/19/08 - 02:37PM »
I've heard it.

One is:
"Because I work for 2 gallons of gas an hour."   Get a better job, you bum!
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
« Reply #2 on: 09/19/08 - 02:40PM »
im voting because i only make 2 gallons of gas per hour.                                                                                                               these all seem like PERSONAL problems to me, and not government or political issues. if you cant afford healthcare, get a better job. or spend less money on rims and systems for you caddy! if you wanna retire before you are 90, start a 401 (k). most people dont realize that if you contribute 3% to a 401 (k) that you will actually take home more money per check since it is a pre tax deduction. there is no reason anybody who is eligable for a retirement plan at work not to contribute to it. even if it is the minimum.
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #3 on: 09/19/08 - 02:44PM »
If you work; you can afford healthcare. If you can't then maybe you need to rethink that 600/month vehicle you are driving. If you are a welfare recipient you get healthcare for free. Obama wants Nationalized Healthcare just like what Canada has... yet they come here for care because of what has happened to their system since it went national... the quality has gone to crap.

Obama will work to keep us from drilling for oil here (where the oil actually is) which means we will continue to purchase it from the middle east under an Obama presidency.

Mom has to work to fill up your tank? Get a job loser... and you have no right to vote.

I myself am sick of all this economy crap, the economy is not bad.. I see crap getting built all over the place, gasstations, McDonalds, banks, houses... yes people are losing their home but it is not because the economy is bad, it is because they were given loans they could not realistically pay back because there was no oversight in the handling of those loans... The whole housing crisis is the fault of the Democrats.

EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #4 on: 09/19/08 - 03:50PM »

Mom has to work to fill up your tank? Get a job loser... and you have no right to vote.

THIS was the one that I was talking about!  I was like "did he just REALLY say that?" 

Typical Democrap attitude tho. 
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #5 on: 09/19/08 - 04:35PM »
McCain needs to start commercials that say "Don't vote for change, vote for whole dollars."

Offline bronco72

• Level 1
« Reply #6 on: 09/19/08 - 10:24PM »
WOW YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!! I COULDNT AGREE WITH YOU ALL MORE!!!

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #7 on: 09/20/08 - 12:16AM »
they are realy playing up to the poor............
I had gave a vagrant 2 bucks the other day, he went into this God Bless you sir routine and told me how he had a guy coming to take him to work bla bla bla  anyway as I was walking away and he was still talking he said "when Obahma gets elected things will change for us all."  I turned around and said "on second thought you better give that back to me, I am probly going to need every penny just to buy fuel if he get in office" the look on his face was priceless
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #8 on: 09/24/08 - 04:52PM »
New Obama commercial:

"I'm voting for change, because I don't have any sense."

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
« Reply #9 on: 09/24/08 - 07:54PM »
they are realy playing up to the poor............
I had gave a vagrant 2 bucks the other day, he went into this God Bless you sir routine and told me how he had a guy coming to take him to work bla bla bla  anyway as I was walking away and he was still talking he said "when Obahma gets elected things will change for us all."  I turned around and said "on second thought you better give that back to me, I am probly going to need every penny just to buy fuel if he get in office" the look on his face was priceless

If you've got money to donate the poor and unfortunate.......I'll PM you my address 
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline Liberty03

• Level 3
« Reply #10 on: 09/28/08 - 02:27PM »
Geoff and I heard that ad the other day while working on my dually and said the EXACT same thing as all the above posts!  :o