Author Topic: Quoting text  (Read 3285 times)

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Quoting text
« on: 10/17/07 - 05:34PM »
Is there some way we can change the color of text when it is quoted.  The dark gray it is currently is really difficult to see even for me.  Maybe a gold or something would make it easier, anything light colored.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Re: Quoting text
« Reply #1 on: 10/17/07 - 06:22PM »
Is there some way we can change the color of text when it is quoted.  The dark gray it is currently is really difficult to see even for me.  Maybe a gold or something would make it easier, anything light colored.

No.

Just kiddin. I'll see what I can do, but I want to keep it so the quotes do not stand out too much.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline upnover

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #2 on: 10/23/07 - 10:11PM »
Why not, web GURU?
Jim

I jeep, therefore I am.

Ranch Rocker!

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #3 on: 10/23/07 - 10:28PM »
fixed it already.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline upnover

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #4 on: 10/23/07 - 10:36PM »
Hey Jimmy, What color did you change the quoting test to? It looks the same to me. Jim
Jim

I jeep, therefore I am.

Ranch Rocker!

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #5 on: 10/24/07 - 12:04AM »
it's not the same, it is much lighter. I changed it back on the 17th.

the color is #5E623B

call it what you will. I call it.. #5E623B

Offline upnover

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #6 on: 10/24/07 - 03:45PM »
You're not Crayola so you can call it any color you want Jimmy.
Jim

I jeep, therefore I am.

Ranch Rocker!

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #7 on: 10/24/07 - 04:03PM »
it's not the same, it is much lighter. I changed it back on the 17th.

the color is #5E623B

call it what you will. I call it.. #5E623B

I call it hard to read.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #8 on: 10/24/07 - 07:04PM »
I call it hard to read.

I call it you having a crummy monitor, that might need some calibrating. :D
http://epaperpress.com/monitorcal/

I have 5 different monitors to look at this stuff on.

1 Mac 20"
2 different DELL monitors
1 Panasonic Monitor
and my LAPTOP monitor

If it is too dark, I'd say your monitor is either old or needs some calibration. If you are unfortunate enough to still have a CRT (box monitor)then that is probably part of your problem. Try adjusting the contrast and brightness... I'm gonna leave the color as is.

Also if it is that difficult for you to read, click the red text above the quote and it will take you to the post that is being quote (eg. Quote from: LibertyPatriot on Today at 01:03 PM)

One last thing.. it is possible that you have the old style sheet cached... try hitting F5 a couple times.

« Last Edit: 10/24/07 - 07:11PM by whitehead »

Offline upnover

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #9 on: 10/24/07 - 07:07PM »
I have an LCD and it is better than before. But those who have any type of color blindness is going to have a problem. Color blindness is found in men more than women by 90%. Jim
Jim

I jeep, therefore I am.

Ranch Rocker!

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #10 on: 10/24/07 - 07:13PM »
I have an LCD and it is better than before. But those who have any type of color blindness is going to have a problem. Color blindness is found in men more than women by 90%. Jim

You can always hold down the CONTROL BUTTON and press the "PLUS" key to enlarge text size.
hold down the CONTROL BUTTON and press the "MINUS" key to decrease text size.

Internet Explorer is Control and SCROLL WHEEL
« Last Edit: 10/24/07 - 07:16PM by whitehead »

Offline upnover

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #11 on: 10/24/07 - 08:05PM »
Jimmy, Thanks for the hints. Color blindness has nothing to do with the size of the object but rather the hue and brightness. Jim
Jim

I jeep, therefore I am.

Ranch Rocker!

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #12 on: 10/24/07 - 08:41PM »
Jimmy, Thanks for the hints. Color blindness has nothing to do with the size of the object but rather the hue and brightness. Jim

Yes, but if it is bigger they can see it better.

Jim, you seemed rather concerned about Color Blind people and whether they can access our site. You will be glad to know that it is not so hard for those with color blindness to see the site. Sure it may not be as easy as it is for someone who is not, but nonetheless it views fine for our users with this ailment.

Deuteranope sufferers view it like this (a form of red/green color deficit)
http://www.vischeck.com/uploads/119326854915801/

Protanope sufferers view like this (another form of red/green color deficit)
http://www.vischeck.com/uploads/119326886920313/

Tritanope (a blue/yellow deficit- very rare)
http://www.vischeck.com/uploads/119326901322544/

So as you see Protonope sufferers have it the worst... on our site, yet it is still navigable for them.

Hope this help you to sleep at night.   ^-^

Check other sites if you wish here:
http://www.vischeck.com/vischeck/vischeckURL.php

Offline upnover

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #13 on: 10/24/07 - 10:12PM »
Jimmy, Thanks for all the websites and quotes. I lecture this material in sensation and perception courses. I am only concerned in that there are people who don't realize they are color blind or have a slight deficiency in color detection and would end up not looking at the site because it takes too much time to navigate. We live in a society where most people want things now and lack the patience to wait or sort through. Therefore, when people say they have difficulty viewing material because of hue or brightness they won't bother to view it. Either we create something that is pleasing to most people or just don't bother. It's something about market. Just my professional stuff that most people other than professionals understand very well. And believe me it doesn't keep me awake at night.
« Last Edit: 10/24/07 - 10:14PM by upnover »
Jim

I jeep, therefore I am.

Ranch Rocker!