Author Topic: Over seas shipping  (Read 1497 times)

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
Over seas shipping
« on: 01/23/08 - 11:49AM »
Anyone ever shipped anything over seas?

I've got a guy that wants to buy the hovercraft, but he's in New Zealand.  He said he'd pay all costs up front.  I guess I'd have to accecpt PayPal would be the easiest way.

Now to find a box big enough to ship it in...

Keith
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
Re: Over seas shipping
« Reply #1 on: 01/23/08 - 12:17PM »
I have several times.  USPS is the easiest, but most places will ship.  It is expensive, and the best way to accept payment is paypal.  If he offers to pay ANY other way, tell him to pound sand in his a$$.  Be sure to take the box to the shipping co. to get weighed, and get exact written shipping quotes before you send him the shipping bill.
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #2 on: 01/23/08 - 01:42PM »
Don't forget to mark it up to include PayPal's take, so your getting the full amount. PayPal's take is roughly 3% ... but I've heard it is being increased or has already.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #3 on: 01/23/08 - 01:46PM »
Don't forget to mark it up to include PayPal's take, so your getting the full amount. PayPal's take is roughly 3% ... but I've heard it is being increased or has already.

I've never accepted payment by PayPal, but knew they had some sort of surcharge involved.
I really wanted to sell it locally, but I guess just like me... everyone else is broke too.

Offline ROCKY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #4 on: 02/14/08 - 07:40AM »
Depending on the Cost of the item. Paypal is not the Safest way to go. Western Union is a better choice for it. If you go Paypal. You can ship the item. Once the item is shipped he can Reverse the Paypal Payment. All he has to do is open a Dispute in Paypal. Online Paypal only gives you the option to refund his money. The only way to fight it would be to Call Paypal. not the easist way to go. If you know someone who can process credit cards would be another way to go. Paypal is great, but not perfect. Shipping to N.Z. with USPS you can not get a Tracking number only a Custom ID Number. He can even receive the item, not like it and still get his money back. You would be out the money and the item. Trust me I ship overseas Daily. If you have any question you can call me.

Fed Ex or UPs would be Safer way to Ship, but much higher cost.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #5 on: 02/14/08 - 01:37PM »
He came back and said he had a buddy in California that is going to be shipping him a bunch of auto parts in a container and asked if I would ship to him and he could get it to NZ.  I may go that route.  Western Union sounds like a plan too.

Thanks