Author Topic: LETS TALK ABOUT OILand terrorism  (Read 1993 times)

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
LETS TALK ABOUT OILand terrorism
« on: 07/ 2/08 - 01:49AM »
With fuel prices so high, it seems to me there is not enough people throwing a fit about it. I personly think this is terrorism at its worst.osoma flys a plane into new york kills a few thosand Americans and we go to war, as we should. but OPEC raises oil prices(Now keep in mind OPEC is ran by democratic nations who's leaders are ex warlords and family members to osama) and we do nothing about it.millions of Americans are being put into hardship due to this.is this not terrorism? I found this article a few weeks ago and it really pissed me off. I knew what OPEC was but I was not aware of how they came about. any way here is a link it is long but read it and lets get an OJT  rally going here. I mean I want to wheel more than I have been and until gas gets back to where it should be I cant afford it as much as I use to and I know I am not the only one.

http://www.prophetofdoom.net/OPEC_History.Islam
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: LETS TALK ABOUT OILand terrorism
« Reply #1 on: 07/ 2/08 - 02:02AM »
I hate the price of gas and oil as much as anyone here.  Maybe it's my finance and marketing education, but I think if you didn't see this coming you need to open your eyes. 

We can't keep using a finite resource in ever increasing amounts without paying a price.  We make laws in our country that have done as much to raise the price as OPEC.  We aren't allowed to build new refineries.... ULSD has made it more profitable for companies to export non ULSD to places like China then sell it to us. 

I also am tired of hearing everyone say that the price will be $1 a gallon if we get rid of speculators.  Yes I agree that speculators have helped raise the price, but they are making their investments based on the same things I'm seeing.  The only problem I have with speculation in the commodities market is that INSIDER TRADING is completely legit. 

I'm sure everyone else will have an opinion on this so feel free to share.  In case you haven't looked... look at the demand curve for oil in India, China, etc.  Then compare a supply curve for the last few years worldwide.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline farmboy

• Level 3
« Reply #2 on: 07/ 2/08 - 10:51AM »
I don't think cutting out speculators will help the situations.  I was watching this on TV the other day and the only thing they are really doing is saying that if you don't have a place to put the oil you can't buy or trade it.  Well that's easy to get around.  All I do is simply pay a storge facility to allow me to store my oil, "IF" I need to, which they never will. I'm a big dumby and it only took me about 30 seconds to think this one up. Anyway.... I just drive. It's only money, can't take it with you when you die!!
Be quick to listen, slow to speek and slow to anger!!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 07/ 2/08 - 11:56AM »
Yes it's just $ Dave, but how are you liking the growth of the ethanol industry? 

Personally I wish the American people would actually think before they jump on a bandwagon.  This great "ethanol solution" to our oil consumption has us paying more for almost everything at the supermarket, and what did it do to the amount of oil we use? Very little.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline farmboy

• Level 3
« Reply #4 on: 07/ 2/08 - 05:56PM »
To be completely honest... I'm in the feed business so corn prices are going absolutely crazy, but it isn't from the growth of the ethonal industry.  They aren't even building any more plants.  It actually cost MORE to make a gallon of ethanol then a gallon of gas.  So I think the ethonal thing is a big joke. 

As far as the prices going up in the grocery store thats gonna happen.  It all boils down to the value of the U.S. dollar.  The reason things are going up, yes, has a lot to do with fuel prices, but our dollar aint worth jack.  Therefore things are gonna be higher.  If the freakin' government would stop shipping things to other countries for practically nothing then prices would go down. We export thousands of tons of grain products over seas at discount prices and then charge the american public more. We don't charge an export tax, but the other countries will charge us an import tax.  Fertilizer prices have went up 50% in the last year because we started allowing China to make it instead of making it here (import tax of 85%), causing all of our grain prices to go out the roof. Which in turn will cause YOU to spend more money.

Well thats enough for my soap box.  Thanks for tuning in. I hope you all enjoyed the fact that our government is a joke and they are all money hungry politicians, with one common goal. RE-ELECTION!!

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #5 on: 07/ 2/08 - 06:46PM »
well I find it disturbing that our government will not defend American property overseas but will defend it for the very people who took it from us in the first place.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
« Reply #6 on: 07/ 3/08 - 12:52AM »
Kill them all.....Let Chuck Norris sort them out.
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #7 on: 07/ 3/08 - 10:30AM »
Just let Chuck Norris hit the middle east with one roundhouse kick.  That will kill them and sort them at one time.

You can put Chuck Norris' tears in your car instead of gas and it will run great... sadly Chuck Norris has never cried.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline farmboy

• Level 3
« Reply #8 on: 07/ 3/08 - 11:03AM »
I honestly don't think Chuck Norris really cares... he's RICH!!! He ain't poor luck us, but I would still like to see him roundhouse kick someone up close. You know it's gotta hurt.