Author Topic: 1976 Jeep CJ5  (Read 352 times)

Offline JollyRoger

• Level 1
1976 Jeep CJ5
« on: 01/27/13 - 01:22PM »
I have a 1976 Jeep CJ5.  I have owned this Jeep for over 10 years and it has always been garage kept during that time. It is Set up (correctly) with a spring over lift. It has a widetrack dana 30 with discs and 6 bolt lockouts up front and a scout dana 44 in the rear.  Both axles are geared with 4.10's.  I have the ford f250 shock mounts on front axle. The front axle also has an over the top steering conversion.
Both axles sit on wrangler leaf spring packs with some extra leafs in the pack to help alleviate spring wrap, which has never been a problem.  The Jeep currently has a set of 35" tires on it. 
Rear CV shaft, front is factory, though it was lengthened to accommodate the SOA.  No vibes, bump-steer, or death wobble whatsoever.
Has a soft-top in great condition and a bikini.
great working power brakes courtesy of a YJ master cylinder.
power steering.
Interior vinyl is in perfect shape.
Body is excellent for a 76. I have never seen a better original body - no rust holes or Bondo.
Frame is very good with one rust hole in one of the gusseted body mounts, so no real concern for weakened strength.
Still has the factory 232, 3 speed and t-case all function fine - motor could use rings but has always run great in the 12 years I have owned this Jeep.  I do have a t-18 4-speed I will include in the sale.  The t-18 appears to be in working condition, but will need a short-shaft conversion.
The Jeep drives great for a CJ5, better than when it was stock, and looks great.
I also have the stock axles and 2 extra rear dana 44's if anyone is interested.
$4200
Call or PM me if you need more info or would like to see pics.  Thank you.  4one7.8one8.33six9