Author Topic: Hey Hey, New to the Family and already need some jeep advice...  (Read 1387 times)

Offline mcswain

Hey all.. My names Patrick and I got my 1st jeep in April, its an 89 Cherokee (amazing 4wd and a blast to play in). However, it needed alot of work when i got it(motor wise), I redid the vacuum, plugs & wires, map sensor and o2 sensor. But theres one thing that i just cant figure out, when it cool it runs great but when it gets to operating temp it wants to flood itself out, we bumped the idle so instead of flooding it idles higher and burns the excess fuel. We noticed that under the hood that the temp gauge had a plug missing from it and there are 2 wires cut near the firewall ( black/yellow and black/white i think) i think the 2 are connected,I just don't know what goes there though.... sorry for needing advice on my 1st post but its irritating me....thanks

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Welcome to the site. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline dewayne

• Level 2
Welcome to the forum.
Goodness this is a pricy hobby.

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
Hey all.. My names Patrick and I got my 1st jeep in April, its an 89 Cherokee (amazing 4wd and a blast to play in). However, it needed alot of work when i got it(motor wise), I redid the vacuum, plugs & wires, map sensor and o2 sensor. But theres one thing that i just cant figure out, when it cool it runs great but when it gets to operating temp it wants to flood itself out, we bumped the idle so instead of flooding it idles higher and burns the excess fuel. We noticed that under the hood that the temp gauge had a plug missing from it and there are 2 wires cut near the firewall ( black/yellow and black/white i think) i think the 2 are connected,I just don't know what goes there though.... sorry for needing advice on my 1st post but its irritating me....thanks

If you haven't figured this out I can look it up and tell you what the wires are that are cut.  Just let me know which side of the firewall they are on (pass side or drivers side).
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline mcswain

They are more in the center of the firewall