Author Topic: Install BL and Shackle Lift  (Read 1138 times)

Offline why jay

• Level 2
Install BL and Shackle Lift
« on: 08/13/07 - 09:44PM »
Okay guys, I have been convinced to get SS LTBs 34x10.50.  I need to make some room by adding a 1" BL and probably 1" shackles.  How difficult is this for someone who has not automotive suspension experience or knowledge.  and/or where is the best place to take this to have it done.  About how much will labor cost me?  Also will be looking into J flare as well.  I will probably need all of this for them to fit and be able to hit the trail.
I am Joe the plumber.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Install BL and Shackle Lift
« Reply #1 on: 08/13/07 - 10:03PM »
If you have that rare YJ were the bolts just come right out then it's all easy.  Most of the time the bolts are rusted in place which makes a PIA.  You can call:

Safari Offroad or Johns 4x4 & More
You may also send Junkyard on here a pm see what they would charge you.

either will do a good job if you don't feel you can tackle it yourself.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: 08/13/07 - 11:24PM »
i agree with toyota guy, if you like, pm me or since you are a member on my forum, just ask.

if you are doing the 1 inch body lift, IMO go with the daystar bushing lift.
patience is key with the bolts.

the shackles are an easy job, not much knowledge needed.

get a good quality shckle and dont go more than a 6 inch shackle.
if you ordered some from me, i reccomend you get new bolts, as mine are 3/8s thick and you wont have enough threads. make sure the bolts are at least grade 8.

both are easy to do, if you just need help over the phone, call me and ill take some time to help. i am really booked up, but i could squeeze some time in to do it if you need.
for rock crawling info and events   go to   www.rockcrawlinginfo.com

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #3 on: 08/13/07 - 11:44PM »
If you drive your Jeep as a daily driver.. I would go with Radials over Bias tires... which is what the LTB's are. They will make your Jeep ride and drive like crap on the street. However, on the trail they are ruthless... real diggers.

The SSR's would be a good radial to get as compared to the bias LTB's.

I've had a set, they are great tires.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.