Author Topic: '04 OJT DVD Yearbook  (Read 5344 times)

Offline stripe

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
'04 OJT DVD Yearbook
« on: 02/ 7/04 - 03:35PM »
I plan on putting together a DVD for the 2004 Ozarks JeepThing.  This will highlight and recap every event/run that OJT did in '04.  This is something that I have been wanting to do for awhile, but now I have a digital camcorder.

Before I go into more detail about it.  I want everyone to know that I do not plan on making any money on this.  My plan (which is just an idea for the BOD's) is to just make 1 DVD for now and have it completed by December.  Then rent out a room at the Palace or Springfield 8 and watch it then, so everyone could see it at once.  If it's something that people would be willing to purchase, then we could sell them to raise money for the club.  Maybe make enough to pay for the room, or a Christmas party, or some raffle items, just ideas.

With that said.  I do need some help with this.  Mainly because even if I were to make every event/run.  I can't be in every spot at every time, some places are too big and I'll be in my Jeep some too.  The more help I get with this, the better the DVD will be.  

What I need are:
 - Pictures; it doesnt' matter what format type.  If there digital you can email them to me.  If it's film and you don't have a scanner, I have one and it will read negatives.
 - MPEGS
 - Videos; My camcorder takes MiniDV's so if I could borrow the tape to put on my computer.  I also have the software that converts VHS tapes to digital, so if you can bring me a VHS tape that would be fine.

I would like to include both OJT events/runs and also maybe have a segment for weekend wheelin' by OJT members.  If you do send me some stuff please include the date(s), where it was, who went, who filmed it, who submitted it (both real and screen name), and any other info that's relevant.  Anyone who helps out will be credited for there submission.  I didn't have my camcorder when we went to Joplin, but I saw about 3 people with them.  Please contact me.

To send me some stuff or just contact me, my email is Brdmn21@aol.com

I want to thank anyone for there help with this.  I'm open to any opinions and/or ideas.  Like I said, the more help I get with this the better I think it will be.

If you've made is down this far.....
Thank You,
Chris Gregory
Education is what you get when you read the fine print.  Experience is what you get when you don't.

Offline Liberty03

• Level 3
Re: '04 OJT DVD Yearbook
« Reply #1 on: 02/ 7/04 - 03:47PM »
Hey Chris...sound great.  I think it could be pretty sweet...anything from  M&G pics to wheelin pics to just workin on someone's rig...

Offline pumpdog31

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 02/ 7/04 - 05:54PM »
Chris,

I want in on this! I don't have any thing for video/DVD but I just got a new digital camera that takes awesome photo's (so far). Let me know what you need or I can just start throwing things your way.

Terry
img]http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~et7t-sm/anime/ani4/jeep.gif
Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

Offline stripe

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #3 on: 02/ 7/04 - 06:24PM »
So far I'll I've gotten is what's in the Photo Album.  I forgot my camera at Joplin.
Education is what you get when you read the fine print.  Experience is what you get when you don't.

Blueyellow

« Reply #4 on: 02/ 8/04 - 12:34AM »
Kick Booty, that is a great idea I will see if I can get you CD of all the Jeep photo's I have From CJ 2002 and the rest of the way up. And Purchaseing a DVD I would do, and also maybe a promo video for New Jeep owners buying from Local Dealerships. Just Ideas.......

Offline heath_ster

• Level 3
« Reply #5 on: 02/ 8/04 - 08:39AM »
here's a few they're mixed up but some of glade top, camp jeep,and joplin  http://community.webshots.com/user/heath_ster
ahara w/6" lift 1" body,and alot of accesories<br /><br />2008 Sponsors:<br />S&S Auto, Staun, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4

Offline Scuba

• Level 2
« Reply #6 on: 02/ 8/04 - 11:41AM »
hey stripe let me know if i can help ya with this sometime, I have made several DVD's for people - ones with menus, sound and chapter selections containing photos and video......let me know and I would like to help ya!

sCuBa  :beerchug:
MoJeepin.com . . . . . it's all about . . . gettin' dirty!
http://www.MoJeepin.com

Offline stripe

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #7 on: 02/ 8/04 - 05:28PM »
Thanks Scuba,
That is similar to what I'm planning on doing.  Maybe we could get together sometime and discuss ideas.

Offline Scuba

• Level 2
« Reply #8 on: 02/ 8/04 - 05:53PM »
Sounds good to me - I have several software packages that can get the job done.  Just PM me when you wanna try to get together and discuss

:beerchug:
MoJeepin.com . . . . . it's all about . . . gettin' dirty!
http://www.MoJeepin.com

Offline A-train

• Level 1
« Reply #9 on: 02/ 9/04 - 01:09AM »
I have some video footage from the j & D park. I will try to bring it to the next meeting.

I will buy one of the dvd's if you make one!!!! :agree:

Offline stripe

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #10 on: 02/ 9/04 - 02:51AM »
A-Train,
That would be great.

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #11 on: 02/ 9/04 - 11:57AM »
Did someone say something about wrenchin pics or video's - UHHH I think I could come up with some before and after of my junk! LOL  Maybe do a timeline type thing.  Start now and see the progress this year!  LOL  Time to find the charger for the camera tho.  Or Chris could just bring his over and take a few minutes and then when I get something done come back!

I'd buy one.  Great idea - Chris!!!  :beerchug:
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline Project92YJ

• Level 3
« Reply #12 on: 02/ 9/04 - 07:29PM »
I'll be willing to help out. I have a need dit. cam. that I would love to use.

Offline Gigalo

• Level 1
« Reply #13 on: 02/11/04 - 01:08PM »
I have a few blank DVDs that I would be happy to donate if you make me a copy!
ever hire beautiful servants.

Offline upnover

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #14 on: 02/13/04 - 10:30PM »
Hey Stripe, i've some pix from events since i started doing the newsletter.  I can e-mail them to you. Jim
Jim

I jeep, therefore I am.

Ranch Rocker!