Author Topic: Recommendations on mid priced YJ lifts  (Read 972 times)

Offline CousinVinny

• Level 1
Recommendations on mid priced YJ lifts
« on: 03/31/13 - 10:24PM »
I have a 95 Yj that has been begging for a new suspension. I am going to keep it sua for now being it is my current daily driver.  So I have been researching for a while on lift kits for my square light black sheep.  I have determined I want to go with a 4" inch kit. I will run some some after market shackles being that already have some. Prob get booms for the rear. I have a sye ready to be installed, pretty nervous trying to take on that one. So.. I've been really looking at the ROUGH COUNTRY N2.0. But also have looked at RUSTY'S and ZONE OFFROAD.  Does anyone have experience running any of these kits? The RC leaves in the N2.O  from what I gather are way superior to the older springs but for all the good I hear about RC, I hear just as much bad. Not sure if the bad is coming from individuals who still have a bad taste from the old RC Lift.  I currently run 32's withD30 and 8.8 with some tubed front fenders and cut rear tub. ill continue to run my 32s out until i can get a stronger motor than the 2.5. This as mentioned earlier is going to be driven daily but also want a suspension that will take abuse on the trails. Any an all advice, reviews or recommendations will be appreciated. 

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Recommendations on mid priced YJ lifts
« Reply #1 on: 03/31/13 - 11:29PM »
I really like R.C. for most of their stuff.  However from past experience I would advise you to stay away from them if you are going to wheel the jeep. 

Zone is a great company as it's a tier down of BDS which is by far the best for leaf spring suspension. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline CousinVinny

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 03/31/13 - 11:34PM »
Was the past expierence bent leafs or something along that line.. And out of curiosity what would you recommend of RC. I have seen  where people buy RC on their customer service alone which I like in a company but I would also like a quality product from the get go. Have you had any expire recur with RC newer springs?

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 04/ 1/13 - 10:13AM »
With RC I've had no issues with their TJ kits especially their upgraded TJ kits with adjustable arms.  I think it's a well engineered and laid out kit.

With leaf springs I've put multiple sets of YJ springs on from 2.5" to 4".  The will warranty these springs when they sag and or bend.  However this was a yearly occurence on one jeep that probably on had 500 street miles and 8 wheeling trips on it.

I would not recommend their JK lifts after having chased bump steer problems with one and know of 2 more with the same exact issue.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline CousinVinny

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 04/ 2/13 - 01:55PM »
YJ_Aaron I sent you a pm