Author Topic: Need diff. work done. Where would you take your rig?  (Read 1064 times)

Offline CousinVinny

• Level 1
So I was planning on going on the club run this weekend but noticed a noise coming from the rear end  last weekend at the trail cleanup while in first and on the throttle. Talking it to a buddy who is somewhat of a mechanic who I trust diagnosed it as a bad pinion bearing.  My rear is an 8.8 with 4:10s. Does anyone have knowledge on rebuilding a rear diff or could point me in the right direction to someone who does?  I'm almost thinking about gear swapping to 4:88 if the price isn't to extreme. Thanks guys for any and all info.

Offline SkylineTj

• Level 1
Re: Need diff. work done. Where would you take your rig?
« Reply #1 on: 04/13/13 - 03:01AM »
I've heard good things about Safari Offroad in Nixa.

http://www.safarioffroad.com/index.php

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #2 on: 04/13/13 - 08:15PM »
Safari Off-Road of 4 Wheeler Supply.  Other than the crush sleeve it's an easy swap.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline CousinVinny

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 04/14/13 - 12:44AM »
4 wheeler supply? That the place on Chestnut? Easy swap, probably not for this noob!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #4 on: 04/14/13 - 10:12AM »
Yes he's off Chestnut his name is Kevin.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato