Author Topic: Anyone put a 4 inch lift on cj5  (Read 1650 times)

Offline dirty minded

• Level 1
Anyone put a 4 inch lift on cj5
« on: 05/ 2/13 - 03:14PM »
Hi everyone .I recently installed a 4 inch lift on my 75 cj5 [should not have but too late now]and now my rear shackles are not in stock vertical location but sitting on frame .Called and talked to Skyjacker about this and sent pics. but they say the springs I received is correct even though spring eye to eye is 4 inches shorter. jeep now makes all kinds of noise from rear and bounces on bumps even with all new shocks. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
ROLL OVER ,REPAIR,DO IT AGAIN

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Anyone put a 4 inch lift on cj5
« Reply #1 on: 05/ 2/13 - 06:44PM »
Have you measured your distance from center pin to each spring eye?
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline dirty minded

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 05/ 2/13 - 07:40PM »
Yes the measurements are 23 one side and 24 the other .I just cannot understand why shackle is the was it is .The jeep is level though and seems the axel is a little forward from center. they say there is no reason they can think of for this. OH THANKS FOR THE REPLY AARON

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 05/ 3/13 - 09:04AM »
Try flipping the springs?
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline dirty minded

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 05/ 5/13 - 11:55AM »
I tried flipping the springs before but did not flip the wedge block I will try that and hope that works THANKS AGAIN for the ideas