Author Topic: Jeep will not start  (Read 1211 times)

Offline letsdrag

• Level 1
Jeep will not start
« on: 05/27/13 - 10:17PM »
I have a 1992 Jeep Wrangler with 4 cyl, that cranks but will not start. It has no fire coming out of the coil. Has 12volts going in but nothing coming out. I tried new coil but did not fix. I have tried to pull codes with code reader but will not read, also tried to turn on and off three times to watch check engine light flashes but does nothing. I have been told that cam shaft sensor and crank shaft sensor or ECM could be the problem but don't know where to check next to narrow it down. Anyone got any ideas I can check other than buying parts and switching them out. Or does anyone have another YJ and wouldn't mind helping me out with letting me compare to theirs.

Offline letsdrag

• Level 1
Re: Jeep will not start
« Reply #1 on: 05/30/13 - 11:24PM »
Does anyone have any idea what it might be.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #2 on: 05/31/13 - 09:47AM »
Both have bitten me before with the CPS & ECM.  I would swap the CPS if it were me or at the very least unplug clean and replug.  I'd offer to let you try parts off my YJ but it's all GM.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline 340YJ

• Club Members
  • Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 07/28/13 - 09:19PM »
the cam sensor sends fire to the ecm to fire the injectors and the crank sensor sends fire to the ecm to trigger the coil fire