Author Topic: iPhone 3G  (Read 3096 times)

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
iPhone 3G
« on: 07/14/08 - 06:45PM »
So, anyone pick up an iPhone 3G this weekend?

I'm waiting out my Alltel contract before I take the plunge I guess.  Maybe by then they'll have the Bluetooth headphones capable for more than just calls.

Maybe I'll get one for Christmas.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline slurveysTJ

• Level 2
Re: iPhone 3G
« Reply #1 on: 07/14/08 - 06:59PM »
nope. just ordered a new blackberry curve. Would rather have the iphone but work will only pay for blackberries and they are on verizon.

1999 Jeep XJ, stock with HP30 and C8.25. I'm sure more will come as the money comes.

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #2 on: 07/14/08 - 11:06PM »
I don't think the 3G is up and running in this area. At less I don't have it at home. and no i don't have the iphone.
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #3 on: 07/14/08 - 11:43PM »
I don't think the 3G is up and running in this area. At less I don't have it at home. and no i don't have the iphone.

I'm curious about this myself.
http://www.wireless.att.com/coverageviewer/?wtSlotClick=1-00151U-0-1&WT.svl=title

That site shows that it is here but I have no way of knowing.  Wouldn't be the first time the internet lied to me.
And no, I don't have an iphone.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #4 on: 07/15/08 - 12:07AM »
AT&T may just be running on EDGE in SW MO so far.  Or it may be just in Springfield Metro only, like when GSM first came out and all else was TDMA.

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #5 on: 07/15/08 - 12:12AM »
the map as been showing that for a few months. but that how i get my internet. and as right now it is still edge, and not 3G
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
« Reply #6 on: 07/15/08 - 12:26AM »
I was in the old Cingular store early last week & overheard a conversation between a new iphone customer & the clerk.  She lives just outside of town, and I guess the new service is just available in some of the metro area.  She could barely make calls & can't text or get internet or anything.
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #7 on: 11/14/08 - 12:38PM »
Well, we went ahead and switched from Alltel to At&t and got iPhones.  We have 3G out 4 miles west of Spfld and have great reception.  We'll see how the battery lasts, that's really the only thing I'm worried about now.  The phone part takes a little getting used to.  I've got Otterbox Defender cases coming for them too.

I downloaded iRinger to create ringtones from my old mp3 ringtones and it works great.  It imports several audio file types, previews and exports as m4r files directly to your iTunes ringtone file.  Sleek and easy.  You can't cut out sections of songs with iRinger though, you'd have to use Audacity or another audio editing program and then run them through iRinger.  That's all on a PC, if you have a Mac, you can use GarageBand and it edits and exports directly to iTunes as m4r files.

Offline Big A

• Level 3
« Reply #8 on: 11/14/08 - 02:28PM »
I am surprised that the other carriers have taken so long to catch up to Sprint with their 3g...
˙ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #9 on: 11/14/08 - 10:10PM »
I am surprised that the other carriers have taken so long to catch up to Sprint with their 3g...

I know a couple Sprint subscribers and they complain about their service all the time.  One of the guys I work with has to go outside our office to get better reception.
I just picked up a Bold and have been really pleased with the 3G service I get.  I get it at my house, the office, and in between, way faster than edge.